Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser Permanente Review

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Room for growth, opinion consideredered, can start from the bottoms up. Given plenty of opportunities to advance in career as well as education.

Cons

Not enough young culture, should be more young people working in this company. Seems like the company culture is older.

Give more guidence, trust , to the poeple working in your group. Be more timely and more open to other peoples opinions

1806 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Kaiser is great but too PC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

The people I worked with were very pleasant and mostly competent, the health care benefits were very generous, vacation was very generous, and my boss was wonderful

Cons

Many of the people at Kaiser are lifers who seem to just be putting in the time. In my department, there were a number of completely incompetent people who who made the workloads for the rest of us much bigger. Also, Kaiser is overly PC and overly concerned about diversity.

Reward excellence instead of longevity. Kaiser has a lot of unions, and even the non-union parts of the company seem like a union because excellence gets you nowhere.

KP Medical delivery and IT fabulous, KP Admin and IT lousy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Electronic health records and medical delivery system is far superior than any other insurance carrier/medical provider and KP has set the benchmark. Online capabilities for members is amazing.

Cons

Unions are problematic, union employees have little to no incentive to get things done in a timely fashion, nor do they work outside their set list of duties. Rarely do they go above and beyond. Computer system on administrative side is archiach and needs a complete overhaul.

Invest some profits in the administrative computer system. Develop systems that integrate and can upload, download, import, export, etc... The lack of system integration between departments is ridiculously inefficient and wastes time and money.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente