Kaiser Permanente
3.5 of 5 1,350 reviews
www.kp.org Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

To big for the little employee

Nurse (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Kaiser Permanente

ProsThe network in place to make lateral career moves as well as advancement is excellent because postings are vigilantly updated. The options for nurses are extremely diverse and nurses have an enormous potential for career growth and skill development.

ConsThe stress on personnel can be high due to patient demand. This seems to be a chronic problem. In my experience, the management does not have a positive effect on the work environment, and the affection of nurses for exceptional supervisors doesn't seem to be shared by the administration. The nationwide organization is so big that change in policy or procedure is more difficult than changing the course of the Queen Mary.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization could counter the suppressive effect of is corporate girth by encouraging out-of-the-box solutions and more individual discretion of the immediate supervisors. Instead of encouraging homogeneity with the "employee of the month", how about posting the "idea of the month".

Rad Tech

Rad Tech (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: the Benefits package is the best you can receive anywhere, the… Cons: There are really no cons, just there is a lot of people… Advice to Senior Management: To give employees time to express their self. We need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pretty good, secure place to work in healthcare

Process Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros: Kaiser Permanente is a rather large organization in CA with satellite offices in several regions throughout the US. California is the largest region and… Cons: Experience with management varies greatly. Very difficult to get your foot in the door. Once you're in though, there are many other departments… Advice to Senior Management: Stronger, clearer vision and leadership. Fairer rewarding system (there's a forced curve on performance -- so only 10% of us… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaiser Permanente.

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaiser Permanente reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard J. Tyson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaiser Permanente employees.