There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Kaiser..the good and the bad

Current Employee - Staff Assistant  in  Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Staff Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Good benefits, stable work environment. When I tell people I work at Kaiser they either ask if I can get them a job thre too or they mention Kaiser Permanente's cool Thrive commercials. I feel stable in my job since it's in the health field. I enjoy working with some intelligent people that are passionate about the work they do. People helping people

Cons

I feel there are a lot of people that work at least in my dept. that work the heck out of the system. Including supervisors, calling in sick at the drop of a hat, doing mediocre word, going out on FMLA for reasons not meant for that program.
Since it's a union environment, people are promoted not because of merit but how long that have been with the company. I see a lot of bad behavior swept under the carpet and not dealt with. It makes the employees doing the work wonder why they are working so hard to pick up the slack of non-performers.

Come to work, stay off the golf course. Pay attention to what is going on in your dept.

1632 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

I love Kaiser, but not this facility.

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

I'd have to say the best reason to work for Kaiser Permanente is the benefits. My daughter and myself have the best coverage imaginable. No copays for anything... office visits, surgery, hospital stays.... we only pay $5 for prescriptions and that is it.

Cons

I don't know how it is in other areas, but the Service Area that I work for does not do a very good job of showing their appreciation for a job well done. They make a lot of promises and then don't back them up, and it's always someone else's fault. I have received nothing but excelent reviews and taken on more work than I was hired to do, but the promotion that I was promised never came. And their explanation, someone else said that they don't have the budget for it right now. Obviously they have the budget, but why spend it if you don't have to?

Please do a better job of acknowledging the people who work hard for you or they will be gone.

KP

Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

I think Kaiser Permanente offers so many oppurtunities for growth. That is one of the main reasons why I wanted to become a part of this company. I think the pay is decent compared to other companies. And the benefits are much better than other companies. No other company offers the type of benefits that we are offered through Kaiser. There are so many benefits outside of the job with your personal life in addition to the ones that have to do with employment. And no other job takes so much consideration with an individuals seniority at the job place.

Cons

I think the company is not strict enough with the attendance policy. I have held three positions at Kaiser and at all three of these locations, the attendance remains to be below standards. People take advantage of the sick time and vacation time that we are offered. And not to forget about the life balance time. I have never worked anywhere where it is okay for people to call off from work so much and come late and stil have a job without at least getting in trouble for it. I guess it has a lot to do with the union.

I think senior management should pay a little more attention to the number one issue with Kaiser employees, which is attendance.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Worked for Kaiser Permanente? Contribute to the Community!