Kaiser Permanente

www.kaiserpermanente.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente

Work Life Balance, Great Healthcare Benefits, Employees have a heart! Highly Recommend as a an employer of choice!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Work Life Balance
Healthcare Benefits
Employees

Cons

Complex matrixed organization makes it difficult to streamline and standardize processes.

Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. Everything need not be so complicated.

1936 Other Employee Reviews for Kaiser Permanente (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work as long as You Have Patience and Can Navigate Ambiguity & Politics

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

Great company mission, great opportunities to find your niche in this large, diverse company. Great opportunities to move around business units, service areas, regions / states.
    The culture is really overall democratic and the employees expect to have their opinions and input solicited.
    High employee satisfaction and great healthcare benefits.

Cons

the politics and the long time it takes to get things done

wake up and smell the coffee!

Kaiser Permanente is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Kaiser Permanente

Pros

KP is full of passionate people interested in making a difference. There are many opportunities here, and just like anywhere else, contacts within the organization make a huge difference.

The benefits are fabulous - Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Pension, etc. Time off is ok (3 weeks to start at my level and I'd prefer MORE). Management expectations for work/life balance is reasonable.

It is very hard to get a job at KP from the outside (cold) without having contracted their previously.

My co-workers are intelligent, motivated, and technically competent people. Our projects provide opportunities for learning and career growth. Management supports training to enhance our careers.

I love my job!

Cons

As in other large companies I have worked for some people stay after they have burned out and become bitter. They contribute little to nothing and skate by on the coattails of others. That's a drag when it's your coattails they are skating on and you don't want to be seen as turning someone in.

Management doesn't communicate enough. In doing one's job necessary information can be closely held by those leading the project and not shared, as if it were confidential when it is not, slowing down one's progress.

Executives have free reign to spend extravagantly on meals and travel (well of course! they should be treated like special people) and scrutinized and even refused at the lower levels. That just seems wrong to me.

Recognize and reward people for doing their jobs - it goes a long way towards creating a positive working environment.

Provide coaching for career development.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaiser Permanente