Kane's Furniture

www.kanesfurniture.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kane's Furniture

Lied to from the start

I have been working at Kane's Furniture

Pros

The particular store I worked at had very nice employees. Even the General Manager was a pretty nice person, and understood how frustrated everyone was to work for the company.

Cons

As of 2011 pay has been frozen since 2007, and seems to never end. The workforce at corporate headquarters has been cut by nearly 2/3rds as well. When I was hired I was told about the great company paid benefits and pay increase after 90 days. Neither exist. The executives keep you motivated by adding more things to do and telling you that they will fire you if you don't do them.

Give people an incentive to keep working. Like raises for more responsibility or doing their job well. Shake your employees hands, thank them. Remember they are the ones that put that new Corvette you talk about so much in the driveway of your 5,000sq/ft house.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Kane's Furniture (View Most Recent)

Good company to work for, but they don't care about their employees like they should.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If your in sales then you can make a decent income, but you have to work extremely hard to make average $14+.

Cons

I'm in sales and there can be alot of drama with this position because its 100% commission and other salespeople try to steal your customers and sales.

You hand out awards to people congradulating them of being with your company 20 years.... and you can't even spell their names right? Are you serious?

The worst organization I have worked for in my 20+ years in the furniture business.

Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kane's Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of locations. Been in business a long time.

Cons

The company has little regard for it's employees. This starts at the top as the CEO sends this message thoroughout the company. Employees work with fear in there eyes as this company hires people to fire current ones and everyone knows it. There is no loyalty or long term growth here.

Philosphys are old and dated just like the buildings and computer systems. Re-invest in your company and employees or you are destined for failure. What worked 30 years ago may not be relevant today

There are newer employer reviews for Kane's Furniture