Great Working experience at the Kangaroo

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Apex, NC
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Apex, NC

I have been working at Kangaroo Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great well established company to work for which includes health care benefits

Cons

Asisstant managers do not have the same benefits as store managers, pay is a little low for a fortune 500 company.

Advice to Management

Treat your store employees well and they will do wonders for you. District managers should remember what its like to work inside the store, never forget where you came from.

Other Employee Reviews for Kangaroo Express

1. Kangaroo

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Kangaroo Express part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customers were pretty nice, gain retail experience. Beat's being out in the heat.

Cons

None for the most part, depends on your manager. Sometimes they can set goals that are nearly impossible to reach. Try taking care of sweeping the parking lot, stocking the cooler, baby oil the gas pumps and trash cans, machine maintenance, dusting all the shelves. replacing the bibs on the fountain drink dispenser on top of checking the bathrooms every thirty minutes and brewing coffee every 15 while dealing with a steady stream of customers and worrying about the roller grill. You can get most if not all of that done, however it can be tough. God forbid you do not make it to one random thing and have a bad manager though.. hope you like being chewed out!

2. Unrealistic Expectations

Current Employee - Cashier in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Concord, NC

I have been working at Kangaroo Express part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working third shift, and the job gives you some mild authority (Calling the cops to have problematic people removed, ect.) It's quieter than day shifts, and I work with a small, tight-knit group. The work is easy to learn, but hard to accomplish in only 6-8 hours.

Cons

As a third shifter, I work as the only person in the store for 8 hours. They ask far too much of us for just one person- even with only 300-400 customers per night. I have safety concerns for myself as well as my customers, and the amount of side work they demand done for our small staff (7 people- we're a 25 pump store!) is insane. We're not really allowed to overlap hours because our DM says we can't go over labor hours, and it leaves us scrambling and stressed out every day.

Advice to Management

We need more hours! And not just for our individual paychecks. We need more hours to overlap and have more than one person on per shift. It's not safe, it's not right, and it's NOT efficient.