Kaplan Higher Education

www.khec.com

An incredible opportunity to challenge, inspire and motivate individuals to succeed!

Current Employee - Dental Assistant Instructor  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Dental Assistant Instructor in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Ability to instruct, share knowledge and experiences to help others to realize their dreams are more than just dreams...they are goals to aim for, it is great to help develop these students to go forward, and discover they are capable, innovative, driven, and their abilities are limitless!!!

Cons

Evening hours, late...but our students do this so they can attend school, while they still maintain full-time day jobs...I'll sacrifice, they are worth it.

Work to ensure curriculum changes are immediate from responsible departments, responsive to the needs of the front line instructors and students. These changes or delayed response/correction cause further confusion for those involved at Campuses across the country. It would ensure all receive the most up to date, accurate academics possible.

Other reviews for Kaplan Higher Education

Kaplan - Don't go there

Former Employee - Program Director  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Program Director in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Helping students better their lives through education and a strict regimine of professional development and bearing traiing. Being told by students that you made a positive change in their lives.

Cons

The pay a Kaplan is much lower than industry standards and their employment practices are unfair if not illegal. One of the main reasons I left is how they wanted to pit me against the members of the team I was leading. They would promise merit increases based on performance but would only allow a 1 to 2 percent increase based on the popularity of the instructor. Good instructors that were unpopular would be passed over. I applied for two promotions for which I was highly qualified and was never granted an interview or an explanation as to why outside people were hired. Finally they refused to pay instructors for work such as grading tests and papers.

Learn how to be leaders and quit being managers. Managers get people to do things because they have to while leaders get people to do things by making them want to do them. Pay your instructors and staff what they are worth and you will not only increase your employee retention but your student retention and referral rate will also increase.

I feel overworked, undervalued and demoralized.

Current Employee - Administration  in  Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Administration in Manchester, NH

Pros

Corporate experience
    Working with metrics
    Highly regulated
    Gaining valuable experience in change management and chaos theory

Cons

Stunning incompetence at the senior management level. (This may change with new president, who is currently touring the locations)
    Closed-minded attitudes prevail re: human resources management, marketing,leveraging social media, investing in professional development
    Criminally low wages, particularly for entry-level employees. Our salaries and benefits are not competitive and we routinely lose good employees to other schools
    Fear driven management style

Invest serious money in human resources personnel. One representative for 3 entire regions is inadequate. Local HR presence is needed. Identify and reward your innovators, not your by-the-book drones. They will not grow your company; they will keep you in perpetual maintenance mode.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan Higher Education.

Worked for Kaplan Higher Education? Contribute to the Community!