Kaplan Higher Education

www.khec.com
  www.khec.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan Higher Education

An incredible opportunity to challenge, inspire and motivate individuals to succeed!

Current Employee - Dental Assistant Instructor in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Dental Assistant Instructor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Kaplan Higher Education

Pros

Ability to instruct, share knowledge and experiences to help others to realize their dreams are more than just dreams...they are goals to aim for, it is great to help develop these students to go forward, and discover they are capable, innovative, driven, and their abilities are limitless!!!

Cons

Evening hours, late...but our students do this so they can attend school, while they still maintain full-time day jobs...I'll sacrifice, they are worth it.

Work to ensure curriculum changes are immediate from responsible departments, responsive to the needs of the front line instructors and students. These changes or delayed response/correction cause further confusion for those involved at Campuses across the country. It would ensure all receive the most up to date, accurate academics possible.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Kaplan Higher Education (View Most Recent)

I feel overworked, undervalued and demoralized.

Current Employee - Administration in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Administration in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Kaplan Higher Education

Pros

Corporate experience
    Working with metrics
    Highly regulated
    Gaining valuable experience in change management and chaos theory

Cons

Stunning incompetence at the senior management level. (This may change with new president, who is currently touring the locations)
    Closed-minded attitudes prevail re: human resources management, marketing,leveraging social media, investing in professional development
    Criminally low wages, particularly for entry-level employees. Our salaries and benefits are not competitive and we routinely lose good employees to other schools
    Fear driven management style

Invest serious money in human resources personnel. One representative for 3 entire regions is inadequate. Local HR presence is needed. Identify and reward your innovators, not your by-the-book drones. They will not grow your company; they will keep you in perpetual maintenance mode.

Company in dire need of new leadership.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaplan Higher Education

Pros

Convenient location. Many good people work there.

Cons

To much beaurocracy. Leadership is poor and does not accept constructive feedback from employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan Higher Education