Kaplan Higher Education

www.khec.com

Unethical practices and low pay

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsMy immediate supervisors were great. They helped me develop my skills. The staff in the education department at the local campus works hard. There are a lot of low-level employees that have their heart in their job and want to help their students.

Cons1. The mission statement is about education, but the emphasis is placed on numbers.
2. The admission policies are unethical. Students are encouraged to enroll despite having the finances or academic ability to be successful in the program. I have witnessed students enrolled who are living out of their car. I have witnessed students enrolled who can not read. It is then left to the education department to deal with it.
3. Career services twists job titles to make it appear placements rates are high. Giving Grandma her medicine does not mean that you are working in the medical field.
4. The pay is too low compared to industry standards.
5. Your work load will continue to increase. Each time they layoff employees (which is a lot), they assign their duties to someone else with no increase in pay or benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back and look at your mission. You aren't running your business by it. By the end, I was embarrassed to be a Kaplan employee because I felt like we were prostituting ourselves just to make money.

Execs treated like gold while everyone else fights for scraps...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Kaplan Higher Education full-time

Pros: HR team was very responsive to issues. Cons: Egregious pay structure - C-suite makes ridiculous salaries (and benefits) while mid- and low-level employees have salary freezes and are continuously facing layoffs. Also, a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unerappreciated in proprietary education

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Kaplan Higher Education

Pros: Co-workers were great, and campus atmosphere was fun Cons: Push for numbers and lack of ethics. Decisions on managers… Advice to Senior Management: Be more inclusive of talented minority candidates!!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kaplan Higher Education.

Worked for Kaplan Higher Education? Contribute to the Community!