Kaplan

Horrible

Adjunct (Former Employee)
Beltsville, MD

I worked at Kaplan

ProsThe instructors are highly qualified and really enjoy helping students achieve their goals. Many of the staff and instructors work hard to build quality programs

ConsManagement has no idea how to manage or lead. Accolades are given based on personal friendships, not measurable, qualitative abilities. Students are given full rein of the campus. There is no support for faulty or staff. The workplace environment is extremely toxic, to the point where staff and instructors have fallen ill.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire individuals with integrity and ethics. Hire individuals with teaching experience (college-level) in non-for profit education. Hire individuals who are experienced in a college setting as a provost or academic advisor (again, other than for-profits) Hire individuals who have extensive experience working with disadvantaged, minority and other challenging groups. Hire individuals who know the difference between management and delegation. Hire individuals who have a multicultural background, showing proven leadership and accountability.

I've learned plenty

New York, NY

I have been working at Kaplan

Pros: People to work with are great. Life/Work balance is respected. Plenty of… Cons: No room for growth. Promotions are rare. More

Run for The hills!

Software Developer (Former Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaplan

Pros: Great Cafeteria Nice work area Not too much micromanagement Cons: Management is C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S Behind the times on technology Advice to Senior Management: Invest in technology Stop using code that is 8 years old… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaplan.

Worked for Kaplan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaplan CEO Andrew S. Rosen. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan employees.