There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan

A lot of work to be done and relatively fast paced; a continuously changing environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaplan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with Small team so opportunity for a lot of cross training Ability to participate in multiple projects Challenging

Cons

Too much work for the headcount available No job security; pretty regular layoffs over the past couple years

Advice to Management

Need to be more strategic and focus on long-term results, rather than the knee-jerk reactions that seem to occur regularly

Other Employee Reviews for Kaplan

A good job if you can tolerate the constant management turnover and reorganizing.

Pros

Great co-workers Good products for students Extremely flexible in terms of scheduling and amount of work

Cons

Constantly restructuring the administrative side of the company results in a ton of confusion about who to go to for assistance or questions. Revolving door of management due to the constant restructuring. Pay scale is convoluted and confusing.

Advice to Management

Stop reorganizing! I have lost track of how many managers I've had but it is in the double digits and that's extreme given that a) most of these people are still with the company, and b) I've averaged more than 1 manager change per year, in this year so far I have had 3 different managers.

Teacher

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kaplan part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Excellent materials. Outstanding teacher support and resources. Use of technology encouraged in the classroom. Health insurance for part time and full time employees. Paid training, lesson planning, and grading.

Cons

Prefers to have many part time employees instead of full time employees. Low salary.