There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan

Good place to get experience

Current Employee - SAT Tutor  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - SAT Tutor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kaplan

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Fun to Work with kids, Compensation reasonable (with opportunities to earn more) and bonus incentives for score increases. also good experience for certain fields (education, etc)

Cons

lack of communication with senior employees, customer service issues- some families are hard to deal with, some kids are not motivated- just trying to throw money at the problem, expect you to be at their beck and call. they dont take into account that we have lives of our own!

More feedback is necessary- a little motivation would go a long way

194 Other Employee Reviews for Kaplan (View Most Recent)

If you can handle the stress of numbers, numbers, numbers, you can make a difference one on one.

Former Employee - Admissions  in  Mason City, IA
    Former Employee - Admissions in Mason City, IA

I worked at Kaplan

Pros

If you want to make a difference in people's lives, Kaplan is a great place to make a difference. People choose Kaplan for a variety of reasons, and it does provide an education that will always be a plus to the individual.

Cons

Management does not care about the individual, whether that be an employee or student. It is all about the numbers. Management has a churn'em and burn'em mentality when it comes to employees. The count on the turnover as part of the business model. You are not given the opportunity to grow within a position if you fail to reach the numbers, especially on the entry level positions.

Remember why you got into education in the first place. It really is all about the students. Take the time to listend to feedback from the front line employees. Treat them the way you expect to be treated and take the time to search out true feedback.

Kaplan can be good as a stepping stone. I wouldn't want to work here forever.

Current Employee - Admissions Assistant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kaplan

Pros

It might be a good place for gaining skills and work experience.

Cons

It is very much a sales environment, even though it is an educational institution. This lends itself to a high pressure environment where I see more emphasis placed on the sale itself, rather than the pursuit of educational excellence.

Senior Management tends to blame rather than lead. If there is something wrong with a team, they tend to look to where they can point the finger instead of taking the lead and moving the team in a more positive direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan

Worked for Kaplan? Contribute to the Community!