Kaplan University Review

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Kaplan University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great insurance and a few other benefits. OK place to work if you are unemployed, its stop over until something better comes along.

Cons

Zero job security, layoffs are made with no apparent rhyme nor reason about who gets axed. Zero employer loyalty, it's hard to be loyal after seeing what I've seen. Low pay for most, good pay for a few, especially management. Favoritism for a few, most of us are just numbers.

Advice to Management

Grow a conscious.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaplan University

1. Fallen Soldiers

Former Employee - Military Admissions Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Military Admissions Advisor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Structured workplace with minimal flexability.

Cons

College like atmosphere with cheering pom-poms. Many of the employees I started with were phased out because of non-aggressive tactics. Managers focused on their own goals and employee reviews were all about numbers. Favoritism at its highest.

Advice to Management

If your hiring talent, act like you care about them as an employee and as an individual contributor. Thanks for the pay raise, but It never satisfied my concerns with your lead program.

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Assisting different people achieve through education. Company provides free education. Diverse co-workers. Great sales training. Academic offerings are very good.

Cons

Business and Academics don't know what the other is doing. Business Leaders from the president down, runs the company like an assembly factory. Individual thought or ideas are frowned upon. This is a job speed bump to most. No career growth. Company values are a show.

Advice to Management

The enrollments you need for your bonus, toys, and shareholders are humans, not projections. Your greatest asset is the ADOA and Advisors. The rules changed, but the culture you drive is still stuck in pre-GAO days. Ready, Shoot, Aim business is a failure.