Kaplan University
www.kaplan.edu Cedar Rapids, IA 50 to 149 Employees

Admission's Advisor

Admissions Advisor (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsGreat training program but long, 3 weeks long and very detailed. When you hit the sales floor many of the things you learned in the training class didn't match up with the various floor managers way of doing things. But the Ass. Director was quick to let you know how he wants things done.

ConsThe overall culture consisted of reverse racism. If you are not Black or Hispanic then your chances of a promotion as close to none. There was a lot of internal pettiness and one step out of line could have you setting in an "interrogation" type of interview with 3 to 4 managers demanding you confess your crime. Which anyone could say something negative about you, without giving their name. In this high pressure sales positions you need to watch your back. Not a place I would recommend working do to the lack of stability within the company and the hostile working conditions. This company laid off about the interior Financial Aid team and closed down multiple teams ( 20+ people per team) one day. The next day they had a champagne toast for not getting laid off with the promise no one else would be laid off. Then later walked 25 more people out the front door with security.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the "Cop" attitude unless of course your in the wrong career field. Your employees are not criminals but instead just everyday people who want to do their job and do it well. Really a sad place to work do to the constant fear of being fired even when your preforming above the required monthly enrollments.

At least I got a paycheck

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee)
    Greenbelt, MD

I worked at Kaplan University part-time for less than a year

Pros: Not much in the positive to say. There were… Cons: Everything bad you hear about for-profit schools are true. Classrooms with not enough or the right equipment, books showing up weeks after a… Advice to Senior Management: Focus less on profits and more on quality classrooms and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The recruiters are good liars!

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kaplan University full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Benefits are good, in my opinion. -Programs are… Cons: -School is marketing to potential students that cannot read or write beyond an elementary grade- school level. - The school has a large drop-out rate, which… Advice to Senior Management: Lower management: Stop trying to date your employees and focus on the bottom line. Upper management: Advise your bosses that purchasing leads that will result… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaplan University.

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaplan University CEO Gregory Marino. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan University employees.