There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan University

A perfect job for me right now

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kaplan University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Completely online, never have to leave my home to attend meetings or teach house, no need to commute, arrange childcare, etc. Most of the students are wonderful and very diligent.

Cons

The pay for large classes is the same as for much smaller classes. Same pay for 9 students as 30. Some of the students are not prepared.

Advice to Management

Change the salary scale to be more fair. Teaching a class with 25+ students is extremely time-consuming and difficult and should be compensated accordingly.

Other Employee Reviews for Kaplan University

1. The grass is not always greener.

Former Employee - Training and Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Training and Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was exposed to a lot of experiences in business and was able to stretch and grow over the years.

Cons

When I was with them we experienced rapid growth and struggled with hitting the right people in Admissions in Chicago.

Advice to Management

Invest more in hiring the right people from the start.

Nepotism to its MAX

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Kaplan University (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good, and you get to take classes for free, but the education you receive is not of quality at all.

Cons

The admissions advisor position at Kaplan University is a pure sales position. If you think that you are going to be working in academia, think again. It is a high pressure sales environment with an extremely uneven playing filed where nepotism and favoritism are at their maximum level. If the management happen to like you (for whatever reason), then you are in luck, there is nothing that you can do wrong, even if you don't hit your sales goal, they will figure out a way to keep you. BUT, if you are not a favorite, either because you refuse to lie on the phone to perspective students, or refuse to mislead people on the phone, then good luck. This is not a professional job for someone who is college educated. Do not waste your time with them.