A perfect job for me right now

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kaplan University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Completely online, never have to leave my home to attend meetings or teach house, no need to commute, arrange childcare, etc. Most of the students are wonderful and very diligent.

Cons

The pay for large classes is the same as for much smaller classes. Same pay for 9 students as 30. Some of the students are not prepared.

Change the salary scale to be more fair. Teaching a class with 25+ students is extremely time-consuming and difficult and should be compensated accordingly.

Other Reviews for Kaplan University

The grass is not always greener.

Former Employee - Training and Development  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Training and Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was exposed to a lot of experiences in business and was able to stretch and grow over the years.

Cons

When I was with them we experienced rapid growth and struggled with hitting the right people in Admissions in Chicago.

Invest more in hiring the right people from the start.

Pay ok, Company and benefits ok, beware of layoffs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kaplan University is an employer that gives its employees very good wages. The pay is good as are the benefits. Benefits include health, dental, and enrollment discounts should you wish to take classes. The overall environment of the job can be fun and celebratory at times. While you are there you feel appreciated.

Cons

The company has unfortunately been going through layoffs for the past three years. Management does its best to puts employees at ease, and if you are laid off the company still does it's best to help you.

Continue to build a strong culture and value and please continue to pay well and keep employees happy.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan University.

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!