There are newer employer reviews for Kaplan University

Phoenix admissions is an excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kaplan University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear direction from local management, good team atmosphere and realistic individual goals. Local management is very open and honest about both the process and results of the organization.

Cons

Kaplan is HQ in Florida. The HQ organization is highly fractured, seems to be operating in a panic mode and every policy and every issue seems to require an extended review by the legal department before anything can be done. Senior management is very territorial and risk averse and the net result is that while local management in Phoenix is consistent, open and honest, the level of confusion on virtually everything to do with the state of the business coming from Florida makes it almost impossible to understand where the business is going and what the mode of operations will be at any given time.

Advice to Management

Shoot all the lawyers.

Flatten out the administrative organization in Florida and eliminate useless metrics reporting that serves no one but a bloated administration.

reviews filtered by
  1. A perfect job for me right now

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Kaplan University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Completely online, never have to leave my home to attend meetings or teach house, no need to commute, arrange childcare, etc. Most of the students are wonderful and very diligent.

Cons

The pay for large classes is the same as for much smaller classes. Same pay for 9 students as 30. Some of the students are not prepared.

Advice to Management

Change the salary scale to be more fair. Teaching a class with 25+ students is extremely time-consuming and difficult and should be compensated accordingly.

2. The grass is not always greener.

Former Employee - Training and Development in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Training and Development in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I was exposed to a lot of experiences in business and was able to stretch and grow over the years.

Cons

When I was with them we experienced rapid growth and struggled with hitting the right people in Admissions in Chicago.

Advice to Management

Invest more in hiring the right people from the start.