Kaplan University
www.kaplan.edu Davenport, IA 150 to 499 Employees

Not a bad place to work as a part-time college student or recent grad.

Admissions Advisor II (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsThe pay is pretty lucrative if you're working through your degree while you're employed. They try to show employees their graditude through formal lunch functions that are catered by elite groups.

ConsNo potential for upward movement. Pay is stagnent because of the new laws on for profit schools. The industry is dying and probably won't be around long.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at what it going on and be realistic. Lower your prices to a reasonable cost per credit hour and you will recoup your losses by more student enrollments.

Former adjunct

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kaplan University part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Generally good students, reasonably decent pay, more relaxed pace with… Cons: Rules that change - unlike Phoenix et al, there are no clear and hard and fast rules about student assignment submissions, grading policy, etc. … Advice to Senior Management: Let the teachers teach, and let them treat the students like adults -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Terrible job!

Admissions Advisor II (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits on first day and free tuition. The best decision upper management ever made was firing my former manager in July 2012. He was the… Cons: Management constantly talks down to their employees and everyone is treated like a number. Job is a very low level inside sales job. You need… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees better and to reward employees based on performance. Promotions… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaplan University.

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaplan University CEO Gregory Marino. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan University employees.