Kaplan University
www.kaplan.edu Davenport, IA 150 to 499 Employees

Kaplan hasn't been able to adjust to the seismic shift in the industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAverage wages for the work performed. Typically 40-45 hour work weeks on a M-F schedule, so they aren't driving you toward burnout.

ConsMorale is low due to the multiple rounds of layoffs. Politics prevent bad projects from being terminated early and retasking people and $$ to better options. A lot of pressure for the sales staff/admissions. One's supervisor has a lot to do with one's success.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a direction, stick with it and provide the right resources and time to see if things are working. Interdepartment cooperation is poor. Leadership needs to take a more active role in ensuring collaboration happens in a healthy way.

Disappointing Roller Coaster

Admissions Advisor (Former Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Kaplan University full-time for less than a year

Pros: Wonderful co-worker's, descent pay at the time, good benefits. Cons: Unstable work environment, rules changed too frequently. You'd be trained over and over again as the policies and job function changed at least every… Advice to Senior Management: Some managers really cared , others were all about snagging the sale at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Admissions Advisor: Decent pay for the work that is expected.

Admssions Advisor (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Kaplan University full-time

Pros: This is a great job to get a steady paycheck and benefits, don't expect to get rich.… Cons: Career progression is limited. You can move up, but you can't move down,… Advice to Senior Management: Get lead generation (marketing) in sync with admissions advisor expectations.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Kaplan University.

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaplan University CEO Gregory Marino. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan University employees.