Kaplan University
kaplan.edu Davenport, IA 150 to 499 Employees

Good place to work only if you can sell

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Kaplan University

ProsKaplan university is a nice environment to work. Everyone at the work place is super nice and very helpful. The management is very flexible about schedule and time off as long as you can produce as in sell education.

ConsKaplan university is a revolving door, they are always hiring and always firing. When they hire you they give you a three month time period to make a minimum number of sales and if you can not cut it they will fire you after three months. As such it is not uncommon to see your whole team get fired and you get left with new hires. The recruiters tell you that if you can not sell they will shift you over to a different position but that is a lie and you will be fired if the numbers are not met.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like they are so replaceable. You are taking advantage of a down economy which lets you hire and fire people at will but once the economy turns up your ways are over with.

Great place to work, if you can't find anywhere else.

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kaplan University

Pros: The best reason to work at Kaplan is that they will actually hire you. They hire EVERYONE. They give you a shot for… Cons: They bill it as a sales job, but you get none of the benefits of being in sales. i.e. commission, time off when you want,… Advice to Senior Management: We don't need to have huddles every day. Nothing changes. Once a week… More

Admissions is a low pay pie in the sky job.

Admissions Representative (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Kaplan University

Pros: They have a training department that alerts you on what to watch out for once you are actually doing the job. They actually… Cons: This week we watched people who had been with this company for 2-3 years walk out. None of the management did anything to stop them.… Advice to Senior Management: Start paying the people you have. You can't make it on 30K a year as a SC. I would love to see upper management try… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kaplan University.

Worked for Kaplan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kaplan University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kaplan University CEO Gregory Marino. All reviews posted anonymously by Kaplan University employees.