There are newer employer reviews for Karl Storz Endoscopy

Chaotic & Lack of Leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Karl Storz Endoscopy

Pros

Pay well
generous time off
benefits great
they create excellent products that you can be proud of
they pay for additional trainings and certifications

Cons

lack leadership, vision and direction
most executives have only worked at KS and doesn't have the necessary experience to move the company forward
its a low trust no communication environment that runs up and down the entire management chain
unfortunately, its a fear based culture and you are not rewarded for doing what is right so no one rocks the 'status quo'

start working together as a team, agree to be transparent and start respecting your peers and subordinates. thank your people for the work they do, they would appreciate hearing that once in a while.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Karl Storz Endoscopy (View Most Recent)

You can't trust upper management and supervisors

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Karl Storz Endoscopy

Pros

Laid back, no-one really checks up on you.

Cons

People say yes when you ask for something but then they never follow through. They just say yes to get rid of you and make you believe things will get better but they only get worse. The supervisor never shares information with people under him because he's afraid he'll get the boot because of politics in the company.

Stop promising things you know you won't deliver on.

Not all cracked up to be what they say

Current Employee - OES Onsite Endoscopy Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - OES Onsite Endoscopy Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Karl Storz Endoscopy

Pros

Great benefits, that's about it...

Cons

First off, this is a very political company. My position is called an OES, in a nut shell we trouble shoot video monitors in an OR setting. Well it was bad from the get go, I mean bad….my manager, in service made enemies with the sales team who were very difficult to deal with….pre-Madonna’s…so we could never build the rapport we needed to enter into this account and get on the same page….something was sure missing….mainly support and communication.….the transition from the previous rep was horrible, he was an a-hole and not friendly towards me, seemed very fake….there was a huge lack of communication and training from the previous rep.

Also was told I would have a 3x5 work space to handle emails and process returns when I wasn’t trouble shooting video monitors. I had zero…so when I was not fixing video monitors I would hang out in various departments…oh yes roaming around a hospital waiting for something to do. You can only inspect so much equipment when there is literally no space and a pretentious SPD manager who hates vendors.

Just remember...you are very expendable at this company. Chew you up and spit you out at the drop of a hat.

Bottom line….My manager…an OK guy… I do understand survival of the fittest, and he has a family to think of, and he seemed to have my back, but when the chips fell…. he through me over the cliff. So as for me, lesson learned the hard way.

There are newer employer reviews for Karl Storz Endoscopy

Worked for Karl Storz Endoscopy? Contribute to the Community!