There are newer employer reviews for Karl Storz Endoscopy

Beware: Think twice before joining this company and go in with eyes wide open!

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Karl Storz Endoscopy

Pros

They have been around a long time and have established themselves in the marketplace. They have deep pockets so money is not an issue. They have quality products that help to save lives.

Cons

They are caught in the "Storz Way" of doing things and this is a term used frequently around the office. You are limited in your ability to make decisions since all of the decisions are dictated from Germany. It is common knowledge to have all of the responsibility but no authority. The senior management within the company comes from Germany and has a similar mindset. Few Americans have progressed to the senior ranks. Everything is a process and they are so locked in that creativity and progress are hindered.

They are very dismissive in their practices and have moved to hire people and then never followed up once they changed their minds. Lack of professionalism. For example: Our team found a qualified candidate, we unanimously wanted to extend an offer, HR never followed up nor did my manager. Once we did make an offer the candidate had changed their mind and withdrew their application due to our lack of follow through. I couldn't blame him, I was embarassed at how my management team treated the candidate. I also feel that because I was apart of the team, this behavior effects my professional reputation. It also let me know how I should expect to be treated later. Lesson learned this is not a place to grow your career but rather to sustain it if you play by the rules.

Review your business practices. The way you treat your employees and future candidates is clearly unprofessional. Karl Storz is getting a bad reputation and is either unaware of that or doesn't care. Either way that is not what this company should be known for. Karl Storz has created a work environment that really needs to be reviewed. The manner in which you hire, and the lack of respect for your employees makes Karl Storz a difficult place to build a career. If you need a job, work for Karl Storz for a year or two and get a paycheck. But if you stay, you may lose your sense of business ethics or worse lose your reputation through association. I am already looking for a new job.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Karl Storz Endoscopy (View Most Recent)

Fair Employer

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Karl Storz Endoscopy

Pros

Many opportunities for self starters

Cons

Corporate processes are slow and sometime inneficient

Define and explain strategies

Great mecical company to grow slowly

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Karl Storz Endoscopy

Pros

It is a true medical device company, close to the medical professionals and proud of the internal expertise

Cons

Some archaic management style, poor internal communication

Share more information with middle and lower management. Be more innovative and risk taker.

There are newer employer reviews for Karl Storz Endoscopy

Worked for Karl Storz Endoscopy? Contribute to the Community!