There are newer employer reviews for Kasmir Fabrics

Worst working experience of my life

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics

Pros

They have a nice line that is never released in a timely manor. Always after the season has passed.

Cons

I am an experienced account manager sellling decorative products to the design and retail community for 15 years prior to taking a position with Kasmir. I worked for them for 1 year and 3 months and hated every minute I ever spent working for them. Every previous comment you have read on glass door is the absolute truth. Before taking any position with them ask what their turnover rate is and why it is so high. They will use your knowledge and relationships that you have built with your customers to open new accounts and once that drops to less than 2 new accounts per week you will be put out like yesterdays trash. The territory you will be given to manage will encompass all new england states and also upstate ny. You will not be able to manage this territory effectively due to its size. You will be expected to be on the road monday thru thursday from 8 am to 6 pm. New accounts will be the priority. Friday will be used as an office day which will include a conference call to Dallas. Do not have any thoughts or ideas on how to improve sales. The only comments should be positive and reinforcing to the companies current structure as you will find out from the 3 account managers with any tenure at Kasmir. Also you may want to ask why line releases have been delay by months i.e Fall 2011 line was released in dribs and drabs starting in November. All I can say is I would not wish for even my worst enemy to have to work for this company.

Advice to Management

The only thing this management team wants to hear is how fantasic they are. They already have all the answers and treat their employees like absolute dirt.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Same experiences as the above reviews

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kasmir Fabrics

Pros

Kasmir has beautiful fabrics and trims at a competitive price point. The customers I serviced were very great and I enjoyed working with them.

Cons

I experienced all of the above from Kasmir. I was completely mislead during the interview process as to the management style of this company. Kasmir was very upfront about their tracking device with me, however when I questioned them about the way I would work the territory, what I was told and what actually is practiced were two completely different things. I was harassed for months by my manager about the way I was working for Kasmir. I was calling on an average of 4 customers a day 4 days a week and opening an average of 1 new account a week and this was not good enough. On the office day which they also track I was making 50-75 calls and email contacts and told by my manager that I was not doing well enough that I had to contact the same 50 accounts over and over. This was very harassing to those 50 customers as many told me and not at all fruitful by ignoring the other 300 + customers. I was told we were provided with a company car as part of the compensation package. After excepting the job and in training in Dallas I find out that they deduct 120.00 a month from my check for this car. I also was involved in a fender bender which I was not cited however I was told that I would have to pay the $1000.00 deductible. Between earning 39,000.00 a year and getting constantly nickel and dimed by my employers and harrassed by my manager,who could never decide if I was salesman of the year or the dregs of society I luckily found a part time job that pays 1 1/2 times than the full time one at Kasmir. I highly recommend a position at Kasmir Fabrics to anyone in desperate need of income as long as that indivdual continues the job search.

Advice to Management

No advice, they are not going to listen.

One way to ensure you will see a psych doc and probably be on rx meds--get hired at KF :(

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Kasmir Fabrics full-time

Pros

I learned I can handle STRESS, PRESSURE, MICRO MANAGEMENT, INSULTS and NEGATIVE MANAGEMENT TACTICS without jumping off a roof head first.

Cons

6 months of working as a territory mgr - Sam and Frank would roll over in their graves if they could see what has happened to their beloved Corporation. I was a customer eons ago. Then an employee. Universe apart, then and now. I now wont even use their products in my own home.

Advice to Management

Use your conscience for a change and treat employees and customers like you want to be treated.