Kastle Systems

www.kastle.com
  www.kastle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kastle Systems

Like working for family - in a good way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really appreciate the support I have recieved while working here. I really feel like the people I work with care about me and my family and that we're a team. The staff appreciation events are great. This place may not be what I envisioned when I went to college but I really like working here. The customers are generally very pleasant and appreciative. Our office is well-lead and our manager is often singled out for kudos by the DC main office.

Cons

Expectations can be a bit higher than you can sometimes deliver. The workload can be very heavy. The benefits decisions are made by the company headquarters in Northern Virginia (DC) and as a result our benefits aren't that great as they were slected on the basis of cost and ease of use for the employees in the DC office. You can sometimes feel like the branches (like ours) are the step-children of the DC office and as such the DC office always gets the best stuff (appreciation events, vending perks, etc) and we have to make due with the leftovers.

More staff. There are some hats that shouldn't be shared.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Kastle Systems (View Most Recent)

It could be a lot better than it is

Former Employee - Customer Care Operator in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Operator in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some really knowledgeable, dedicated, and driven employees at this company who will bend over backward to make sure that customers and fellow employees get the help they deserve.

Cons

Those employees I talked about in the PROS section? They are seriously outnumbered by the egomaniacs, drama queens, and do-nothing nobodies that companies like this seems to attract. Overall the company has decided that the bottom line is far more important than its customers or employees. Call center operators average a measly $12 an hour, far below average for other security call centers. Communication between teams and departments is non-existent, with procedures and policies changing on an almost daily basis with little to no warning from management. If you desperately need a job, and Kastle comes calling, it's better than nothing. Make sure you keep your resume active, though, because you don't want to stay for any real length of time.

If you want to reverse your trip down the spiral, you should start doing a number of things. First of all, listen to the employees that actually interact with customers on a daily basis. They know more than you do what your companies want. Second, pay your employees more than you do now, as it is insulting to the hard working people. Third, ditch the shift bids and schedule employees like every other company does.

It's like boot camp for the corporate world.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems

Pros

Learn how a company should and shouldn't operate.
    Gain entry level experience.
    Gain technical knowledge of security

Cons

Under paid and unappreciated.
    No real formal training. It's trail by fire.
    No room for advancement.

If you really want to make this your legacy, invest in the people, not in your horrible half baked ideas.

There are newer employer reviews for Kastle Systems