Kastle Systems

www.kastle.com
  www.kastle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kastle Systems

Great people - solid company with some fixable executive/management shortcomings

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As others have said, the people are awesome and are absolutely what make Kastle a special place to work for. In spite of some of the other reviews to the contrary, the executives do seem to care about the company and are investing in it in many smart ways - from moving almost every office to lower cost locations to investing in the technology and product to build a lead and differentiate the company from our competition. Like the quarterly social events as well as the fruit/doughnuts/popcorn/soda on fridays.

Cons

I see too many people set up to fail by being put into jobs that they are either not well suited to perform or simply don't have the resources to perform adequately. If additional resources are requested, human resources can be a bottleneck because there is only one lower-level employee - the VP of HR slot has been vacant for over a year, as has the CFO position. While my manager is good about commending good work, most other managers and the senior leadership seems much more apt to scold for negative and take those opportunities to deny employees compensation increases. Also, work-life balance can be put to the test at times, with most employees having been moved to salaried positions and now being required to respond to customer needs 24/7 without any corresponding increase in compensation. No corporate 401K match.

Its commendable for the senior leadership to be customer-focused, however you also need to start being more employee focused as well. That goes beyond just creating programs such as "fitness first" (which is great), but it also includes visiting the 1st floor and checking in and seeing what YOU can do for THEM. Don't just visit employees when there is a crisis - invest in them as an employee and as a person.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Kastle Systems (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Great Legacy, Bright Future

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ownership has made significant investments in our techology, people and processes and they continue to innovate. Leadership genuinely demonstrates care for it's employees while balancing the fiscal responsibilty associated with sustaining a successful business. The vast majority of our employees are highly engaged and regularly put the needs of our customers and company first. Opportunities for professional growth abound.

Cons

Employees are often asked to wear many hats although in today's economy I believe you'd be hard-pressed to find very many companies that don't need to ask their employees to do a little more in order to ensure the health and ongoing success of their businesses.

Continue to invest in new technology, infrastructure and your people. And, keep the free popcorn and donuts coming on Fridays :)

Overall good company

Former Employee - Service Technician in Falls Church, VA
    Former Employee - Service Technician in Falls Church, VA

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dedicated employees and good customer base

Cons

To many individuals wearing more than one hat. Could benefit from staffing up departments a bit more. Management could do a better job supporting their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Kastle Systems