Kastle Systems
www.kastle.com Falls Church, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Great people - solid company with some fixable executive/management shortcomings

Falls Church, VA

ProsAs others have said, the people are awesome and are absolutely what make Kastle a special place to work for. In spite of some of the other reviews to the contrary, the executives do seem to care about the company and are investing in it in many smart ways - from moving almost every office to lower cost locations to investing in the technology and product to build a lead and differentiate the company from our competition. Like the quarterly social events as well as the fruit/doughnuts/popcorn/soda on fridays.

ConsI see too many people set up to fail by being put into jobs that they are either not well suited to perform or simply don't have the resources to perform adequately. If additional resources are requested, human resources can be a bottleneck because there is only one lower-level employee - the VP of HR slot has been vacant for over a year, as has the CFO position. While my manager is good about commending good work, most other managers and the senior leadership seems much more apt to scold for negative and take those opportunities to deny employees compensation increases. Also, work-life balance can be put to the test at times, with most employees having been moved to salaried positions and now being required to respond to customer needs 24/7 without any corresponding increase in compensation. No corporate 401K match.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts commendable for the senior leadership to be customer-focused, however you also need to start being more employee focused as well. That goes beyond just creating programs such as "fitness first" (which is great), but it also includes visiting the 1st floor and checking in and seeing what YOU can do for THEM. Don't just visit employees when there is a crisis - invest in them as an employee and as a person.

Great Company, Great Legacy, Bright Future

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros: Ownership has made significant investments in our techology, people and processes and they continue to innovate. Leadership genuinely demonstrates care for it's employees while balancing… Cons: Employees are often asked to wear many hats although in today's economy I believe you'd be hard-pressed to find very many companies that… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to invest in new technology, infrastructure and your people. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall good company

Service Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Kastle Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Dedicated employees and good customer base Cons: To many individuals wearing more than one hat. Could benefit from staffing up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kastle Systems.

Worked for Kastle Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kastle Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kastle Systems CEO Piyush Sodha. All reviews posted anonymously by Kastle Systems employees.