There are newer employer reviews for Kastle Systems

Happy to be here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems (more than a year)

Pros

1) Fantastic employees. I really enjoy working for our current Executive Management team. I feel as though the give me freedom to try my ideas as well as push me to perform at a higher level. I can tell they believe in me and my work.

2) Seen a positive increase in experienced talent that has been recruited into the company in the past two years.

3) Working for a small company gives all employees the opportunity to have a voice and make an impact.

4) Competitive pay compared to market.

5) Soda/Popcorn on Fridays. This may sound trivial, but I think its a cute tradition.

Cons

1) Not enough accountability for poor or mediocre performance (or bad or lackadaisical attitudes).

2) "HR" Department. I have never been impressed with the HR department since I started. Although we have recently hired an entire HR Department, I have not noticed any positive changes. The HR Department still moves slow and is sometimes hard to find. I was hoping for more structure and training from the new HR members, but it has been very limited. Since Kastle did not have an HR Department (or anyone trained in HR) for so long, I think this would be a huge area of opportunity. In addition, the review process could be revamped. Guidelines in reviews are not specific and do not provide enough quantitative benchmarks for employees.

3) Not all departments have a defined dress code. Sometimes employees look sloppy and unprofessional. Please get jeans and stretchy pants out of the workplace.

4) Old Kastle vs. New Kastle. I believe in the direction "New Kastle" is going but there are still many employees stuck on "Old Kastle" even though its been years.

1) Think ideas through more completely before rolling them out to staff

2) Communicate management or organizational changes more clearly instead of emails to staff members

3) 401K Matching

4) Continue to recruit new talent

5) Re-vamp the review process

reviews filtered by
  1. Lots to like, Great learning experience

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my co-workers, and above all helping my customers. Management have set a service oriented culture, and customer happiness trumps everything. It is gratifying to see it work and hear from satisfied customers. Yes, occasionally that does mean that I have to solve tough customer issues, but it is all part of the learning experience for me. Love the community outreach and volunteer opportunities, as well as company sponsored events - at the Ritz of all places !

Cons

It is a large company with many departments, and somethings things can get stuck. I have always found people willing to go out of their way to help, and it all works out in the end.

2. Great so far!

I have been working at Kastle Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Efficient, professional, very on the ball. Lots of communication and very organized. You work from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave which makes the day go by fast. Accessible work location, friendly coworkers, lots of leave, clean office. Always something to do

Cons

No 401k matching as of today

There are newer employer reviews for Kastle Systems