Happy to be here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Kastle Systems (More than a year)

Pros

1) Fantastic employees. I really enjoy working for our current Executive Management team. I feel as though the give me freedom to try my ideas as well as push me to perform at a higher level. I can tell they believe in me and my work. 2) Seen a positive increase in experienced talent that has been recruited into the company in the past two years. 3) Working for a small company gives all employees the opportunity to have a voice and make an impact. 4) Competitive pay compared to market. 5) Soda/Popcorn on Fridays. This may sound trivial, but I think its a cute tradition.

Cons

1) Not enough accountability for poor or mediocre performance (or bad or lackadaisical attitudes). 2) "HR" Department. I have never been impressed with the HR department since I started. Although we have recently hired an entire HR Department, I have not noticed any positive changes. The HR Department still moves slow and is sometimes hard to find. I was hoping for more structure and training from the new HR members, but it has been very limited. Since Kastle did not have an HR Department (or anyone trained in HR) for so long, I think this would be a huge area of opportunity. In addition, the review process could be revamped. Guidelines in reviews are not specific and do not provide enough quantitative benchmarks for employees. 3) Not all departments have a defined dress code. Sometimes employees look sloppy and unprofessional. Please get jeans and stretchy pants out of the workplace. 4) Old Kastle vs. New Kastle. I believe in the direction "New Kastle" is going but there are still many employees stuck on "Old Kastle" even though its been years.

Advice to Management

1) Think ideas through more completely before rolling them out to staff 2) Communicate management or organizational changes more clearly instead of emails to staff members 3) 401K Matching 4) Continue to recruit new talent 5) Re-vamp the review process

0 reviews filtered by