Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck

www.kdvlaw.com
  www.kdvlaw.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck

They only care about money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

I worked at Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotions were given internally first and most of the staff and associates are amazing to work with

Cons

Upper management really just doesn't care about anyone. Their only concern is filling their pockets. Its such a shame because they do have a good staff that they do not deserve. They do not address ANY HR issues you have, regardless of the situation, or how often you beg for resolution.

If your calling yourself a managing partner, act like one.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck (View Most Recent)

Great opportunity, if you manage it right.

Former Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Attorney in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck

Pros

Hands on experience on interesting cases, that allow younger attorneys a great opportunity to learn and grow. Fairly open and enjoyable culture which allows for meaningful relationships within coworkers and partners.

Cons

Chaotic management style that can confuse associates. Compensation package weaker than industry standard. Unclear billable system

Clarify communication skills and improve compensation package.

Top Notch Place to Work!

Former Employee - Associate in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in Woodbury, NY

I worked at Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck full-time

Pros

My experience at KDV was top notch. The partners in the Long Island Office's Labor and Employment Group are bright, skilled attorneys who are ready and willing to take associates under their wing to teach them the tools necessary (both practical legal skills and business acumen) to move up the ranks. The work environment is very collaborative and I always felt involved on the strategy and handling of the case from the day it came into the office and was assigned to me. Partners of course review work (their names are on the docket after all) but are always willing to sit down with you, point out why changes were made, and critique of work was always delivered in a constructive and meaningful way. The Chair of the L&E Group was like a mentor to me. He has an impressive book of business and a terrific relationship with those clients. However, he is not a partner that "protects" his clients and will give associates direct client contact and exposure - which can be tough to find at some firms. He makes known to his associates his offer to come on any meeting an associate can line up to try to bring in a new client to the Firm (and will of course give the associate the credit for that client). To top it off, KDV is a fun work environment with nice people to spend your work days with. In the time I worked there, I never heard any offensive or inappropriate comments, as some reviewers have suggested, and I find it hard to believe that occurred. For young attorneys who are hard working and eager to grow their career, this is a terrific place to get groomed and stay. I only left to go to take a position out of the law firm arena, and when I need to retain outside counsel, KDV will be my first call.

Cons

There is little I can say about KDV that was not positive.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck