I loved working for the district, it's a big hospital being new I never felt comfortable, staff wasn't always friendly.

Former Employee - HUC/Patient Care Coordinator  in  Visalia, CA
Former Employee - HUC/Patient Care Coordinator in Visalia, CA

I worked at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

Great place to work lots of opportunities to grow and advance.

Cons

Being new was hard worked for 8 months and never felt comfortable, or made any friends.

If someone is wearing something against dress code let them know right away not after wearing it 3-4 times and then tell you in your 6 month review, made me feel bad and embarrassed.

Other Reviews for Kaweah Delta Hospital

KDHCD: A small town hospital that isn't anymore but the culture hasn't changed with the times.

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

1. People
    2. Benefits
    3. Opportunity
    4. Pay is competitive.

Cons

1. Executive Leadership disconnected with how hospital truly operates.
    2. Physician/Staff culture: very much an "us" vs. 'them' culture.

Spend time with your staff. Not just a few minutes, but actually spend a 12 hour shift with a nurse, or an 8 hour shift with a non-clinical staff member to experience first hand what their job is like. We really feel that you are quite disconnected with the reality of what it is to work here.

Think about leaving your current job, before coming to Kaweah

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Visalia, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

I have been working at Kaweah Delta Hospital

Pros

I Have a job. Some of the co workers are awesome

Cons

Lack of training. Managers and Coordinators dont have a college education or health care experience. Managers and Coordinators are allowed to talk to an employee any way they want without getting into trouble. Higher up has no clue what goes on in each department, Managers and Directors tell whatever they want to hear and they believe them. Money is wasted leaving the employees with no raises. If you dont have a BA degree you dont get a 3.00 an hr raise, the monkeys spinning the wheel arent appreciated they're lucky if they get a couple of cents. Higher ups need to come and do our job for our pay..

Get a college education and experience in the Medical Field. Take a communication class to learn how to speak to people. Remember where you came from and stop kissing up

There are newer employer reviews for Kaweah Delta Hospital.

Worked for Kaweah Delta Hospital? Contribute to the Community!