Kaztronix

www.kaztronix.com
  www.kaztronix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kaztronix

Steer clear of this temp agency.

Former Employee - Scientist in Branchburg, NJ
Former Employee - Scientist in Branchburg, NJ

I worked at Kaztronix as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They paid me every two weeks.

Cons

As contractor, you get no benefits. No health insurance, sick days, holidays, vacation days, etc. They do offer a "health insurance package" but they do not kick in any money to it, you are left paying the full price, making it cheaper to buy insurance on your own.

Kaztronix did not recruit me, I pretty much fell into their lap. I interviewed for a temp to perm position with an employer directly, who then told me that I would be working for Kaztronix during the temp period. As such, their payroll person was routinely rude to me whenever there was an issue (left off hours on my pay check etc).

I talked to the recruiter all of two times, when I was hired, and when I was let go. They did not care about any concerns I had about the management at the job I was temping for. All they cared about was maintaining a relationship with that employer over everything else, including employee well-being and moral dilemmas.

Show some respect to the temps/contractors who are out there making all your money.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Kaztronix (View Most Recent)

Kaztronix is a great environment and with hard work and individual can advance within the company.

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in McLean, VA

I have been working at Kaztronix

Pros

location, comp plan, benefits, pto

Cons

reporting metrics, visibility of career advancement, no flex hours.

Utilize Financial Metrics to track progress and reward high value employees.

Small, stagnant start-up company; poor management and no real room for growth

Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Recruiter in McLean, VA

I worked at Kaztronix

Pros

- Benefits package 100% covered by employer
    - good commission rate.. 8.5% on first ten starts
    - work hours are 9am-6pm
    - young company, most recruiters are recent college graduates
    - Decent amount of PTO with opportunity for more PTO to be accrued throughout the year

Cons

- Leadership/Competence of senior management (at least in the Tysons Corner office) is practically nonexistent
    - Very high turnover rate internally
    - PTO is given, but it is passive aggressively frowned upon when you request time off for personal reasons. However, upper management takes extensive vacations consistently throughout the year, which results in a disconnect between management and employees.
    - Employees are treated poorly, no perks/benefits here other than covered health care benefits. Occasionally they will host a happy hour on the company card, often as a moral booster or an as employee farewell.
    - Promotions are rarely given, and from my experience, were created to satisfy the demand from recruiters who were looking to advance. Since this is a start-up and there are less than 30 internal employees, positions were literally created for specific employees to be promoted.
    - Base salary for a recruiter is $30k, which is difficult to survive on in Northern Virginia. The commission rates are good, but you'll be lucky to see any payoff from that in the first few months.
    - Small number of clients means they rely heavily on each and every one- a hint of instability and pressure to perform well for certain clients are obvious.
    - Feedback is below average.. very rare to hear positive feedback from upper management. Often they will leave you alone (but secretly check on your productivity) until they are dissatisfied with your work performance. "Motivational" talks are light on the constructive part, and heavy on the criticism.
    - Blatant favoritism for destructive employees; creates a negative work environment. No standards of performance here.. employees who don't pull their own weight aren't reprimanded. Middle management offers thin support for employees, and is the CEO's lapdog.
    - Productivity (and in the end, how much money you make) is directly influenced by management's mood/opinion of you. Some days you will be micromanaged, and other days you will be overlooked. Not really a system for raking in the dollars.
    - Management will throw you under the bus if it directly benefits them. Recruiters are completely expendable here, and some days it feels like a sweatshop.

Make it a point to vouch for employees who deserve it, and get rid of employees who aren't contributing to the company. Provide more/better feedback about work performance, and hold your entire workforce to the same standards of productivity. Recognize which ones add value, and proctively let them know they are appreciated. A little respect here could go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Kaztronix