There are newer employer reviews for Kearney & Company

The management is incredibly underhanded and passive aggressive towards employees; I am SO glad not to be there anymore!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at Kearney & Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company's location is convenient to metro riders.

Cons

The office feels more like a cubed prison than a collaborative environment; someone is always behind your back, waiting for the right moment to screw you over. Additionally, if you are looking for a work-life balance, forget it. This place will tie you down and force you into working OT no matter what.

The advertised values of this company differ from how employees are treated. There is no level of teamwork and individual efforts go unnoticed. Training is not provided to those who ask for it and any kind of assistance given from Management to employees is done curtly or with dismissiveness - as if "sub-level" personnel are not worth their time or have immediately disappointed them in even asking. Hold all employees to the same standards. The miserable excuse for management is just incompetence shrouded in cowardice. If management wants to be respected and adhered to, it should treat its employees with dignity.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Kearney & Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people here are great!

Cons

Standard cons for the industry

Best Company I have worked for

Current Employee - Staff II Accountant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Staff II Accountant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Kearney & Company full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-The company culture and corporate social responsibility is impressive.
    -Communication from management has always had a solid degree of transparency
    -Paid overtime or the option to bank comp time for overtime hours
    -It really seems like Kearney's senior management puts their people before profits
    -Company parties are fun, great food, well put together
    -Reimbursement for travel expenses like metro and parking to and from engagement sites
    -Coffee machines in the office (I know a lot of places have this, but it's still nice)
    -Approachable and open management team
    -Benefits-they pay a big chunk of the cost for CPA exam prep course (Becker's, etc)

Cons

Kearney has little downside that I have seen. Some of the other posts say salary is a con, but that's not really true. Compare someone who works 50+ hours in another audit firm to someone who works 50+ hours at Kearney, the other guy gets nothing for the extra work, the Kearney guy gets overtime. Overall, the best company I have worked for.

Keep up the good work. I was excited the first day I started at Kearney and am glad I made the decision to come on board. I love the company culture. You guys made a real statement at the all hands meeting yesterday, great job!

There are newer employer reviews for Kearney & Company