Keas

www.keas.com
  www.keas.com
There are newer employer reviews for Keas

Excellent team oriented culture and a great work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Keas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is transparent with decision making and is open to feedback and suggestions from employees. Everyone is focused on creating an excellent product and serving customer needs. There's a strong commitment toward the agile process and applying best practices in engineering. Industry experts are regularly invited to present to the entire company. There are plenty of opportunities for individual growth, development, and mentoring. Benefits are generous, and there's a mandate for everyone to live a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Because its customer base consists of large enterprise companies, the schedule can become chaotic at times, which results in having to work longer hours on occasion.

Avoid allowing the customer to dictate requirements or direction too much. In the long run, taking a stand on the definition and evolution of the product will lead to the company gaining more respect with its customers. Other than that, you're doing a great job!

28 Other Employee Reviews for Keas (View Most Recent)

Hot start-up in a Hot space

I have been working at Keas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We all know where the health tech space is headed…wayyy up. Keas is in position to come out as the leader of the pack when it comes to corporate health and engagement platforms because of it's focus on delivering a winning product and providing excellent account management.

Keas is making key hires to support the growing list of customers and things are looking very positive. We closed out the year with 2 huge deals, putting us out even further ahead of the competition. Looking forward to seeing how successful Keas will be in the coming years!

Also, the kitchen is usually stocked with plenty of (healthy) snacks and drinks. =)

Cons

None - I'm grateful for the opportunity.

Keep doing what you're doing, learn from mistakes and keep the business moving forward.

A Winning TEAM

Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Keas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

High-performance environment. If you liked playing sports in high-school or college, or like team-based activities, you will love Keas. Probably the best business team I have ever worked with. Keasters are data-driven, results-driven, and outcomes-focused. They pull together in a passionate and driven way to win customers, serve customers, and keep customers.

Openness and directness expected and encouraged (and not for everyone - so if you are hyper-sensitive - probably not for you). Its often said "what is the alternative?" to not speaking hard-truths and being very direct with each other about performance. So true! Most folks appreciate direct and honest feedback. And even when feedback may be a bit harsh, the result of a brutally honest environment is no guessing where you stand, no office politics, and a focus on results, learnings, individual and team improvement.

The management team is always looking for ways to grow and improve, which is unusual, and inspiring. "Lifelong learning" is often shown and told iin weekly stand-ups when folks share stories about what they have learned and how they are using those learnings to evolve and improve the Keas strategy and business execution.

After many years "finding itself" as a start-up, a new management came in, set high standards, cleaned house, and brought in a new team showed by exampled how to live up to those standards. The bar of performance continues to get raised- as the team always looks to acheive "personal best" performance and record team performance. Keas is now a growth story that never could have happened without this cultural transformation. After many years at Keas, I am glad I stuck around for the "re-birth" of this company! :)

Cons

The tough part of a sports-team or performance-team culture, is that when the weaker players get cut - it hurts on a personal level because the team is close, most people know each other, and everyone works intensely.

On the other hand, this approach is the same approach winning teams take in pro sports. While I would not describe the culture as "sports" focused - the parallels to running a pro-sports franchise are recognizable - you can't win games if you carry folks who don't want to play everyday to win...and who would rather play their own game than be on a team.

If you are a quieter, sensitive, person, or if you prefer to work more solo, or be "on your own" and be "left alone to do your own thing" Keas is probably not for you - because the culture requires individual performance and teamwork almost equally.

I think the management team was too slow to cut weaker players in 2013. I also think they have learned they need to move even faster on this in the future because this has been an open topic of conversation about how we grow and strengthen our recruiting in 2014.

Success breeds success! Keep doing what you're doing!

There are newer employer reviews for Keas