Goodfor my schedule,wished formore advancement potential

I have been working at Keene State College

Pros

Great! allowed flexibility as a student and I was recognized for good work. I truly liked helping students and staff and I always felt appreciated

Cons

So bearocratic and don't expect to make a lot. Serving's better for cash as a student, but working for the school almost guarantees a good reference.

Offer students positions with more responsibility with higher income potential, instead of seeking employees elsewhere. Students don't all have parental support financially, and offering better part-time work will ensure they're part of the community

Other Reviews for Keene State College

Decent student employment

Current Employee - Student Assistant  in  Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Student Assistant in Keene, NH

I have been working at Keene State College part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work environment, I got to pick my own hours, great relationship with coworkers and boss, gain experience that is good enough to put on a resume, better than working in food service or retail

Cons

Low pay, a lot of bureaucracy when trying to get things done and make changes, some coworkers very judgmental and talk behind backs

Appreciate your students!

Difficult place to work

I have been working at Keene State College full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good salary, some autonomy in positions. Direct supervisors generally competent, caring and considerate. Management promotes inclusiveness and participation.

Cons

Top heavy upper management structure, lack of transparency in management, misaligned corporate culture. Inappropriate levels of technology concerning IT services and tools provided to support "real world" college mission.

Consolidate management positions, particularly in finance and IT. Redistribute routine IT account administration activities to non IT personnel at lower pay grades. Stop providing IT services and tools non-essential to college mission. Use savings to hire / improve salaries for academic teaching staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Keene State College.

Worked for Keene State College? Contribute to the Community!