Kellogg Brown & Root
www.kbr.com Leatherhead, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

KBR - The Corporate Monster that will eat you alive

Security Coordinator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Kellogg Brown & Root

ProsThe pay is great if you don't mind working 84 hours a week and dealing with less than competant individuals on a daily basis. As long as you are a direct hire, or BRS, you get a great benefits package and 401k. As long as you are working at an overseas location as most are, you get your first 85k of income tax free. That is only if you spend the required 330 days out of the US in a year. Dubai and Kuwait are the best work sites for quality of living but the pay is significantly less.

ConsThe living conditions and lack of compassion from upper management. They will tell you that if you are not satisfied to go higher up the chain but the higher you go, the less compassion and humanism you get from this corporate monster. The living conditions in Baghdad International Airport sites are atrocious. Be prepared to live in tents or with up to 4 people sharing a trailer. My husband and I were denied living quarters together due to lack of space. Working 12 hour shifts everyday with nowhere we can go without disturbing roommates, we may as well not even be here together. It is like living in a slave camp but possibly dirtier.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more human, not just to couples but to everyones concerns. I watched as a 55 year old woman put her matress on the floor to sleep because she could not climb on the top bunk of a tent accomodation at the JMMT project. The JMMT employees are overworked and the lowest paid as it is and any of their concerns are always dismissed as whining. Not just by management but by HR, ER, and everything that is supposed to be protecting them. I don't work for the project but I have assisted along the way and it is a very somber place. I have worked on 4 different projects during my employment and was only impressed by those being run in Kuwait. And 84 hour work weeks are ridiculous, 90% of your employees are sitting surfing the internet for 10 hours of the day and are rude when you do need them to actually do their job. You can't accomodate everyone but you can treat them like human beings.

KBR is a great palce to work!

Senior Electrical Designer (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Kellogg Brown & Root

Pros: Opportunities for growth and salary Cons: The old cubicles and the smell Advice to Senior Management: To offer a better work from home package and offer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Use them, because you will be used.

Assistant Fire Chief (Former Employee)
Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at Kellogg Brown & Root as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros: Great compensation, no benefits for contractors but great to use as… Cons: Long term there is not much benefit to stay with the company, only… Advice to Senior Management: Reward long term exceptional service to include granting future work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kellogg Brown & Root.

Worked for Kellogg Brown & Root? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kellogg Brown & Root reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kellogg Brown & Root CEO William P Utt . All reviews posted anonymously by Kellogg Brown & Root employees.