Brilliant Company

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)
Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kellogg's is a company that I feel extremely proud to work for. It is brilliant and refreshing to work for a company that really values their employees and creates a very empowering culture. Internally, there is a huge sense of passion about who we are, what we do and where we can go.

Cons

We need to change quicker with the external environment/ market

Advice to Management

Keep communicating to us, innovating and growing the business. It is a really exciting time to be part of Kellogg's.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Global opportunities, great work environment and people integrity

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall, there is a consistent positive work environment and attitude across employees. We share a sense of pride in our product line(who else dominates a store aisle), strong brands, global footprint, and more than 100 year heritage (and being founded as one of the first health foods). There is also a strong sense that despite our 100 year heritage, there is enorrmous potential to grow, particularly in emerging markets.

Cons

At times the environment is too relationship oriented, where you feel you need strong connections to get ahead. Despite being a $13 billion company, we are relatively unsophisticated in terms of processes and IT infrastructure, and sometimes overly short term, financially biased.

2. Who you know rather than what you know!

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Kellogg Company full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is comparable to other companies; you will be expected to work weekends and longer than 9 hour days. Insurance is acceptable, however, the union employees receive the same benefits for free.

Cons

It is completely driven by who you know rather than what you know. Your yearly reviews are based on what your direct reports think of you rather than your overall performance, which means you must turn the other cheek at times to keep everyone happy.

Advice to Management

As a multi billion dollar company, focus more on talent and less on relationships when promoting someone. Cereal is declining, focus on the business as a whole and be consistent with everyone.