Kellogg Company

www.kelloggcareers.com
  www.kelloggcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kellogg Company

good company to work for

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Kellogg Company

Pros

The company is good to work for. As a merchandiser, I was generally able to work by myself in grocery stores and the like. Within a few months, I was given a rental car and a cell phone.

Cons

I now realize that when a company offers a cellphone it means (at Kelloggs anyway) that you no longer have any time off from work.

Relay company information to the lower rung workers.

436 Other Employee Reviews for Kellogg Company (View Most Recent)

Don't throw away your future for a company car!!!

Current Employee - Territory Service Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Territory Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Kellogg Company

Pros

I can only speak for the DSD side of the company, which is a small(and shrinking) part of kellogg company as a whole.

The benefits- Company Car/Gas Card
                             Good Insurance at a reasonable cost
                             Company Cell phone

Salesmen that have decades of experience in the DSD business and can provide valuable knowledge and training if you are willing to listen(although these people are quickly being pushed out.) As far as merchandising goes, the product is light and easy to work with(cookies,crackers, wholesome snacks. You are allowed some overtime every week and the hours are about what you would expect in the DSD business.

Cons

Only these idiots could take something as simple as packing out cookies and turn into the train wreck that this job has become. Besides all of the regular problems that one would expect in this business(and believe me, we have all of them), the company has recently changed its DSD system in certain markets, such as NY, and eliminated half of its commisioned work force in favor af adding more merchandisers that are making less than half as much money. They have demoted salesman with years of valuable experience and years of dedicated service to the company to merchandisers, they have even consolidated districts and eliminated DM positions. We are one month into this new system and the results so far have been disastrous. They are destroying the DSD side f the business just to save a few pennies. On top of this, we are told very directly that if we don't like it, we can get the hell out. The management style here is a manner in which they would much rather fire you rather than look at you or listen to you. There is no one around to help us with any sort of issues. What do they expect when you have 1Merchandising Manager in charge of 100 merchandisers?

This is not a company that likes to listen to suggestions from their employees but here it goes. We all feel like we are on a sinking ship. You are completely destroying the relationship with your sales force. At this rate the DSD side of the business is going to get crushed by the competition in a matter of months. Listen to your employees and act sooner rather than later to reverse this course before you lose the dwindling amount of valuable employees that are still here!

Fortune 500 Company

Current Employee - Food Technologist in Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Food Technologist in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at Kellogg Company

Pros

Good growth opportunities, very good work ambiance, generally good bosses. Getting a good boss at Kellogg is highly possible, and the team is usually good. Big company bring s big leverage on resume and on career growth, lots of available spots if you know how to play your game.

Cons

If you want in, you really need to work hard, if you are in a position that "travels average" at the research facility you are talking 50% or more of travel time, that in itself kills work/life balance. When you travel is very easy to loose the innerworkings of the office and even lose touch with your boss, if he is good you will survive, if he is not you might find your place emptied after you come back from a trip.

Kill the slackers and really promote people who is doing the work. Get people out of the road so much and give comp time freely. Become better at choosing who to hire and ask peers for really anonymous feeback on people and do something.

There are newer employer reviews for Kellogg Company