Kelly Educational Staffing

kellyeducationalstaffing.com

They do not care about their employees

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Orlando, FL

Pros

It was very helpful while in graduate school to be able to schedule around family and school. You also were not committed to one place, if you did not want to work there anymore.

Cons

I have never had benefits working here at kelly for 5 years. They advertise benefits and many perks! We as substitute teachers know that this is not true. They never defend their subs with schools. The schools can lie and say something that occured and Kelly will take their side. They only promote a select group of people for awards. Although I have had excellent observation(s). I have gone out to a school and they have made a mistake in scheduing and Kelly asked me to go somewhere else, although county policy is that you must get paid. After Kelly took over you lost yor pension that you had with OCPS. The scheduleing staff are rude and unhelpful and if you complain they threaten to fire you! With the economy the way it is at times it is difficult to find jobs anywhere. They also advertise bonus, holiday and summer pay, this is a lie! Until you demand the Summer pay they will never pay you. They care nothing about their employees and would tell you that their are hundreds of people willing to take your place in a minute. If possible look for a permanent teaching position or directly with the school. If you try to get Summer work with the otehr Kelly branches they will not give you any positions because you are a sub.

Treat your employees with dignity and respect. Substitute teachers have a very hard job to do. We feel like we walk on egg shells and always afraid of getting fired.You never praise us when a school calls to give us excellent marks.

Other reviews for Kelly Educational Staffing

Substitute Teaching in Orange County Florida

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Orlando, FL

Pros

I love working for Kelly Educational Staffing because I'm able to have control of scheduled. Also, I don't have to worry about being micro managed.

Cons

The thing I don't like about working at Kelly Educational Staffing is the fact that there is no opportunity to earn more hourly. Also, having a steady schedule is not guaranteed.

I think as substitutes we should be able to put ourselves in a category that allows us to choose which subject we prefer to teach.

Registration Process In Becoming A Substitute For Kelly Educational System

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Houston, TX

Pros

The Kelly Educational System is the best place to start out for non-education majors interested in becoming teachers. The process in Houston, Tx. was easy and quick. There were a variety of schools and subjects that one could teach and the pay was above that offered in other substitute pools and school districts around the area. Not only is the staff helpful but the KASS website (The Substitute support tool) a great help as well.

Cons

The only one that I have encountered so far is the ability to move within the Kelly Educational System from state to state. When I chose to relocate to New Orleans, La. I immediately called the local office there to schedule an interview (as suggested by my contact person in Houston) a sort of get to know you session and was immediately met with chaos. My interview was scheduled for 3 months away, and within that interview I should be ready to perform tests, and display skills all of which was done initially in Houston. I was also told that I should expect to be in the office for 3-4 hours. I was taken aback by this I guess because of my thought that since I was already in the system an working as an active Sub that I could just make the move and be placed in assignments within 2-3 weeks time. Outside of that incident everything else was fine.

Make the transition just a little more smoother for those already active in the system relocating to another state/region outside of their intial home office.

There are newer employer reviews for Kelly Educational Staffing.

Worked for Kelly Educational Staffing? Contribute to the Community!