Kelly Scientific Resources

Unclaimed Profile

Kelly scientific resources

Former Employee - Research Technologist in Midland, MI
Former Employee - Research Technologist in Midland, MI

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

a very poor work situation at dow chemical

Cons

BEWARE!!! kelly scientific Midland, Michigan If you’re of the opinion this is your way into a full time position at dow you will most likely be disappointed. Some have but they’re a minority. Some companies have a policy of allowing a temp to work for a maximum length of time or there are some legal requirements which I don’t know what they are. Some persons work there permanently as temps. I worked there for 5 yrs 4 of which were in a very abusive situation against me until it ended. As a contractor (kelly) you are a convenient scapegoat for other persons incompetence and you have not even a chance to argue you position. You are not part of the dow group and won’t give it a 2nd thought since you can’t fire back at them. All Kelly administrators will assure you it was all YOUR fault and will not stand up for you at all. And to prove that is not true, they will demand that you never tell anyone about any of it which I am obviously doing. The pay rate you start a is OK but you can think if it as a teaser rate sort of like what a new credit card company has. There will be 5% pay reductions coming your way and a brand new person who knows nothing will start out more than you. You have to restart there on the pay scale. If you start a position with kelly, ask them that and see what kind of response they give you. They will squirm and probably say something like “We can’t predict what pay arrangments Dow will have for contractors in the future” Working at kelly at dow is pretty much like being a temporary POS as it is anywhere else.

Advice to Management

read my review and concede to yourself how true it is

Other Employee Reviews for Kelly Scientific Resources

1. Contract Position Placement

Former Employee - Scientist I in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Scientist I in Worcester, MA

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly qualified and professional assistance with contract placement. E-mail is the best way to contact workers.

Cons

They are extremely busy and it can be a challenge to contact them via the telephone.

Advice to Management

Great teamwork.

2. A good stepping stone to aquiring a full time position in the document control field.

Former Employee - Document Control in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Document Control in Aurora, OH

I worked at Kelly Scientific Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees were excited and gave me a lot of attention when placing me as a temp at GE Healthcare.

Cons

It was contract work and had to end after 1 and a half years. But it was very worthwhile for my growth.