Kelly Services

www.kellyservices.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kelly Services

Success if you're a favorite, groupie or hanger-on

Former Employee - Information Technology in Troy, MI
Former Employee - Information Technology in Troy, MI

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Nice working location, most people are friendly, good benefits at HQ. If you have a great leader who is well liked and respected by peers and superiors, you may do well provided you are in the good graces of your leader. This will last as long as you and your leader remain the roles that made you successful and well-liked.

Cons

Kelly HQ is very clique-oriented. You are in or you are out. If you are a favorite you will do well as long as you maintain your status. If you aren't - beware. Management subtly requires favorites to maintain their status with liberal bowing and scraping. If this isn't your cup of tea, look elsewhere. One line I overheard says it all: "It's not about what you know, it's about how well you're liked". Quality and quantity doesn't count as much as being "liked". Management also has a consistent habit of duck and cover. Don't expect your leader to put his or her neck on the line for you regardless of the circumstances. Those that make waves are removed. Sometimes, even those that speak the truth are removed.

Nothing useful will come of anything written here!

963 Other Employee Reviews for Kelly Services (View Most Recent)

Kelly Services - back to the future?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros

Recognized name in staffing industry
    Peers, colleagues
    Medica/Dental benefits - okay

Cons

Senior management was dismal, (at best) particularly after company wide "re-org" in 2009. To think we were originally told that our corporate leaders had "no game plan; that they were coming up with new ideas daily." Scary thought for the rest of us out in the field. If our leadership had no game plan, then who did? An un-named professional coach? Maybe Santa?

The idea of "One Kelly" took us all back to the future; any name branding they had acheived within the technical/professional business units went down the tubes as we all had to adhere to the "One Kelly"' mindset - ridiculous. It is utter chaos when you add light industrial/administrative staffing and professional recruiting all in the same category, reporting to one Large territory manager. So unfortunate that many of the best Field/Regional managers and recruiters all took a hit and many lost their jobs due to a massive and unnecessary re-org.

In addition to all of this, Kelly has the most unprofessional and unethical corporate HR team that ever existed. And they're an HR/Staffing organization for goodness sakes! There were terminations, demotions and lay-offs a-happenin' all for the sake of saving money. Good for Kelly? You bet. Good for the customer? No way. Good for the employees? Think twice.

Take a real good look at your competition and and ask yourself why you have so much attrition. Then take a chill pill and say good-night.

Kelly Services is a good place to get started in a new field.

Current Employee - Assembler I in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Assembler I in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros

Kelly Services is a Contract employment service. It is a good place to get your feet wet in an entry level position. They evaluate your skill set, and set you up with a job at another firm. Sometimes that is seasonal, some times you can turn that into a full time position.

Cons

My experience with Kelly Services is mixed. I was placed in lower position than my skill set would warrant. This was because they did not spend any time evaluating me, they put me in the next slot that would get me hired, and producing revenue for them. kelly Services is a cheap company, and any excuse not to pay you they use. This dose not mean they cheat anyone, they have policies set up so they don't have to pay bonuses or holidays if you are even less than hour short of the policy. So if your contracted employer should observe a holiday that Kelly dose not, you get a day without pay.

You should spend some time training your HR people to evaluate the potential employee's better. This way you are not placing employes in position that is underneath their skill set. You might also want to reconsider your paid holiday practices, and maybe a vacation would be nice, instead of a yearly bonus that no one qualifies for.

There are newer employer reviews for Kelly Services