Kelly Services
www.kellyservices.com Troy, MI 5000+ Employees

Substitute Teacher in Duval County

Substitute Teacher (Former Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Kelly Services

ProsWorking as a substitute teacher is a great way to get to get into teaching because it allows you to familiarize yourself with the school district and network with no strings attached. When Duval County is hiring for teachers they look at the substitutes first. You are paid weekly so it supplements your main income nicely. You are able to make your own hours.

ConsThere could be more training and support. You only go to one orientation and are released to the classroom so you have to learn as you go. It is hard to support yourself on the income because it is a contractor for the schoolboard. When school is out there is no pay. You would probably have to work a second job to make ends meet.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a comprehensive training and support program form Subs in the classroom. It would go a long way with retention and promotional opportunities to permenant teaching positions.

Worst temp agency I ever worked for

Temp At Express Scripts (Former Employee)
Saint Ann, MO

I worked at Kelly Services

Pros: The receptionist was very helpful. Cons: Had to drive 20 miles after work to get paperwork done. … Advice to Senior Management: You need to hire more competent employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Kelly Temp

Skillman, NJ

I have been working at Kelly Services

Pros: Flexibility, potential to get hired fulltime if you perform well and the stars… Cons: Some people don't respect you simply because you are a temp. The email system points out that you… Advice to Senior Management: Change the email system at ITS so it doesn't make it so blatantly… More

There are newer reviews on Kelly Services.

Worked for Kelly Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kelly Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kelly Services CEO Carl T. Camden. All reviews posted anonymously by Kelly Services employees.