There are newer employer reviews for KellyOCG

Great beginning, No follow thru

Former Employee - Material Handler/PIT Operator in Curtis Bay, MD
Former Employee - Material Handler/PIT Operator in Curtis Bay, MD

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom from micromanagement. Supervisors were fairly understanding of what our previous 3PL's have accomplished and what there shortfalls were so transition was quick and seamless.

Cons

After the initial settling in period things went south very quickly. Revolving door at the supervisory level. Lack of knowledge as to the company they were catering too. Absentee management when they were there they still weren't there.
 Zero opportunities past the associate level.

Advice to Management

After working under the same roof with several other 3PL's the transition was great but the follow-thru was lacking alot.
Take it easier on the operations supervisors and allow them to help the baseline employees. We spent most of our time clueless as to the objectives, wants and needs of the company we ran logistics for.

reviews filtered by

Overall good experience

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- people (peers)
    - customer diversity
    - ability to build and leverage an internal network

Cons

- limited growth at more senior levels
    - conservative; less open to entrepreneurial or innovative ideas and test-kitchen mentality
    - at a certain level within the organization you either fit-in or you don't ... and if you don't, you leave

Advice to Management

Overall, a good experience however leadership has an opportunity to cultivate individuals who seek to push barriers and provide an environment where they have support to try different things.

Okay for junior recruiters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at KellyOCG

Pros

exposure to a lot of major accounts and best practices. They are also technology driven, which teaches you a lot of tricks.

Cons

poor management, not a lot of experienced staff, way too much management (they seem to create new mgt/sr mgt roles all the time).

Advice to Management

Take a more flat management approach. Having team leads, managers, directors, vp's, and etc is too much. Especially for a staffing company that has a pretty simple objective- putting people to work.

There are newer employer reviews for KellyOCG