There are newer employer reviews for KellyOCG

Lack of stability, total misuse of the term "flex employee"

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was a recent college graduate and this was my first job post-graduation; they hired me on rather quickly. I was fortunate to get experience working with multiple clients, multiple client systems, and different recruiting processes. This helped me get a lot of experience rather quickly, which helped me obtain my current job with a different company. Most of my direct supervisors and managers were great, upper manager was not nice. The one time they told me I was being laid off from the client I worked on they did help me find a similar position within the company for a different client.

Cons

I worked there for almost a year and a half and was considered a "flex' employee the whole time, which really meant a temp worker. There was nothing ''flex' about my schedule. I worked a typical M-F 8-5 like everyone else; the only time flex really came into the picture was when work was short and they 'flexed' my hours down. I was not eligible for benefits, which I made known to my manager, but got excuse after excuse why I could not be made a permanent employee. I got shifted from programs and positions a few times. Seniority never went with you when you changed programs or positions, so if you got shifted to something new, you were back at the end of the line trying to become a permanent employee. You also get paid way less when you're a flex than a permanent employee and both are doing the same exact job. The worst employees who worked the least always seemed to be the managers favorites. They are constantly losing clients to other RPOs.

Advice to Management

Retain your hardworking employees and do not make them wait around forever to get benefits. Many good people leave for this sole reason alone.

Other Employee Reviews for KellyOCG

It's a MAN's World...

Former Employee - Recruiter in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Remote, OR

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Perks to work remote from home

Cons

It's WHO you know. It's Man-ruled work environment. Lack of diversity and no desire to promote diverse employees. Low pay. Micromanagement. HIGH turnover.

Advice to Management

Review your management team. You have 3/4 of the management MEN! Yet the rest of the workforce who do pull the billing from partners (RPOs) are women. It was disgusting to observe how many women were let go, yet men favored and even offered promotions, while their performance record was LOWER compared to those who were let go. Nothing good to say about the company. What goes around - comes around ten-fold - it's all in Karma and how you operate the company.

Great beginning, No follow thru

Former Employee - Material Handler/PIT Operator in Curtis Bay, MD
    Former Employee - Material Handler/PIT Operator in Curtis Bay, MD

I worked at KellyOCG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom from micromanagement. Supervisors were fairly understanding of what our previous 3PL's have accomplished and what there shortfalls were so transition was quick and seamless.

Cons

After the initial settling in period things went south very quickly. Revolving door at the supervisory level. Lack of knowledge as to the company they were catering too. Absentee management when they were there they still weren't there. Zero opportunities past the associate level.

Advice to Management

After working under the same roof with several other 3PL's the transition was great but the follow-thru was lacking alot. Take it easier on the operations supervisors and allow them to help the baseline employees. We spent most of our time clueless as to the objectives, wants and needs of the company we ran logistics for.