Kemin Industries

www.kemin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kemin Industries

Kemin is a great place to work.

I worked at Kemin Industries

Pros

The company was very positive and open to change over time. I had only a part-time temporary internship but I felt very welcome and accepted, and all employees were quick to aid me in my endeavors. I had the opportunity to see different aspects of the business. While I primarily did data entry, my superiors tried to include me on important aspects of their jobs as well.

Cons

The company had very lofty goals that made the work seem meaningless at times. The work I performed was mundane, but I served the purpose of my post. I was hired by one manager, whom left after just a few months, and afterwards I didn't have much direction.

Make sure to inform new employees of expected results.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Kemin Industries (View Most Recent)

Fast growing company

Current Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Kemin Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Kemin is a good place to work. It's a family owned company, with plenty of employees who have been there 20 plus years. The bonus program is nice, and there are a lot of perks provided to employees over the year.

Cons

Kemin struggles with their growth sometimes. People are overworked before management recognizes that additional resources are needed. And then it's even longer before you get them.

Good people missing direction

Former Employee - Research in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Research in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Kemin Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Kemin has one of the best benefits and incentive package that I have had at an employer.
    2. HR department here is a model for how all employers should run their human resources depts.
    3. The facilities are newly updated and state of the art.
    4. I enjoyed the people I worked with.

Cons

1. Egos often lead the senior management who often care little of input from subordinates.
    2. The company is pulling away from its emphasis on R&D and more on strongly marketing"blah" products.
    3. The work culture of continuous change is the excuse for making terrible business decisions and the reason for losing trust in leadership. This also makes it difficult to get direction and expectations for a job.
    4. Some employees that have been there for 10+ years are extremely territorial and can make other's time there miserable.
    5. The company is trying to grow too rapidly without focusing on its core problems and addressing them appropriately.
    6. Getting the adequate resources to do my job was a struggle.
    7. Promotions are extremely difficult to come by and are a rarity.

Get better at listening and take some leadership courses, emphasize direction so you can build trust in your employees, when issues arise take measures on them

There are newer employer reviews for Kemin Industries