KemperSports

Great experience.

Former Employee - Catering Sales Director in Palm Desert, CA
Former Employee - Catering Sales Director in Palm Desert, CA

I worked at KemperSports

Pros

Great leadership and involvement from upper management and corporate. Lots of facilitities around the country to transfer to.

Cons

Health benefits are not the greatest, not poor but not premium.

Offer more paid holidays to full time salary employees and look into alternative health care service.

13 Other Employee Reviews for KemperSports (View Most Recent)

Great golf management firm!

Former Employee - Tournament Sales Director in O Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Tournament Sales Director in O Fallon, MO

I worked at KemperSports full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company hires knowledgable people with a high level of industry experience. They provide good salaries to retain talent. Overall great work environment.

Cons

Courses aren't everywhere so growth is limited unless willing to relocate.

None.

Great Job for the Inexperienced!

Current Employee - Head Golf Professional in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Head Golf Professional in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at KemperSports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A decent company to work for if your looking to break into the industry of golf or restaurant mgmt. They offer terrific benefits with BCBS and like any company, they offer 2 weeks paid vacation and sick time.

Cons

I have worked at 3 different Kemper properties and the office culture is completely out-of-whack respectively between them. Management at each of these properties was young, immature and fairly inexperienced. I got the feeling at each location that the general idea was to "just fill positions with warm bodies that we don't have to pay very much for". Its a highly micro-managed environment with too many chiefs and not enough Indians. In addition, I personally witnessed how Mgmt. would make promises to employees that were never intended to be fulfilled and how hour's worked would be shaved off in order to save money through the budget. There was also an element of favoritism in play at each location which I could see made it difficult for others to achieve their goals. If your looking for advancement, you'll have to be willing to transfer and relocate and you shouldn't expect to receive any additional forms of compensation for your efforts.....that money is divided amongst top mgmt. at each location in the form of bonuses and raises.

Hiring young people might seem like a good idea because their energetic and they come cheap, however in the long-run, you know dam well that's gonna bite you in the arse through inexperience. Learn how to access the value your employees in order to make the most use of them rather than just fill positions with 'warm bodies'. Also, I believe the hiring practices need to be updated....at one location for example, two of the employees had drug problems and I was told that one of them was knowingly hired like that AND...another employee was convicted of felony gun charges YET was still working there pending his scheduled prison time!! I was floored when I heard that!!

There are newer employer reviews for KemperSports