There are newer employer reviews for Kenan Advantage Group

It's a Job

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good medical/dental/vision/401K benefits, but have to wait 3 months to be eligible.

Cons

Low Pay, PTO policy sucks, no sick pay. (Corporate office) Policies differ for each company owned by Kenan.

You need to get with the rest of the world on PTO. Do you realize that MOST companies start out with 2 weeks vacation and at least 5 sick days? Instead of acquiring more companies you should find a way to standardize the PTO so that all Kenan companies are on the same policy.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Kenan Advantage Group (View Most Recent)

Long hours

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator  in  Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Kenan Advantage Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get 4 days on and 4 days off with a rotating schedule. The job is challenging and the time at work goes by fast.

Cons

over worked,underpaid,no room to grow,no break or lunch if you are running behind getting your dispatch finished

My advice for management is to start caring about the employees. You should come up with a way to help out the employees. Find a way so that EVERYONE can take a lunch or a break. Ask if someone needs help if they are getting behind so that they do not have to work more than their 12 hour shift.

Avoid at all costs if possible. If I could rate 0 stars then I would.

Former Employee - Dispatcher  in  North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in North Canton, OH

I worked at Kenan Advantage Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked at their corporate headquarters so this review is based on that. I also worked for one of their subsidiaries (DistTech). So what i'm getting at is that this review is based mainly on DistTech, but still The Kenan Advantage Group because they own the company and have it headquartered within the KAG building.

-The people there were nice.

-They offer discounted lunches (sometimes good, sometimes bad, but for $3 you cant really complain I suppose).

-They have a basketball court on site.

- I met 1 VP there that got things done if it was within his area. If it wasnt then there was nothing he could do. When I left I believe KAG had created a new position for him within their company so he is no longer with DistTech.

Cons

- Make you work there 3 MONTHS before you can get any kind of benefits.

- Overworked- Always piling on more and more work with no monetary reward at all.

- VERY underpaid for the type of work I did- I was doing managers jobs constantly, yet was still only compensated with 30K/year (with a college degree)

- No accountability for actions- When you come to management with issues that you see, you would think that they would do something. Not this company, they dont care.

- Upper management just doesnt care- I, along with multiple people, presented ways to save the company money but they were all dismissed. We had proven ways to save the company money, but since it was going to mean that the manager had to help out a little, they had no interest in it.

- They would listen to your suggestions but never act on them or show you that they are attempting to make things better.

- Horrible equipment- We had trucks breaking down all the time because they were so old and just run down. When the company fixed them, they basically just did the bare minumum to get the truck by until it broke down a week later. I felt really bad for the drivers and how they had to deal with this kind of thing all the time.

- And if you think the things I listed above are bad, talk to the drivers. I think they get treated worse than we do at corporate.

- Bonuses taken away from us. We got a cash bonus for having our trucks loaded as much as possible called "loaded miles" (because if the trucks arent loaded then we arent making money). If our loaded miles were above a certain percentage (as a whiole) then we would get a $100 cash bonus for that month. Not much, but still gave us something to aim for. Well once KAG saw that we were hitting our loaded miles and going above and beyond for two straight months they put a stop to the cash bonus ASAP. Instead they gave us a $100 credit to the KAG store where you could spend it on KAG gear. Sure, it was cool at first, but how many things do i really need that say KAG on it? Talk about a low blow. So you can imagine our morale after they pretty much spit in our faces.

- I worked there for about 9 months. This was long enough for me to understand how this company operated. When I first got there there were a lot of people b*tch about the company (I chalked it up to the individuals just being negative). I soon learned why my coworkers were so upset all the time. I would not recommend anyone work at this business. You would get treated better at McDonalds (and probably get paid more).

- DistTech is pretty much the red headed step child of The Kenan Advantage Group. Our favorite saying there was "Sh*t rolls down hill, and DistTech is at the bottom". Why would you want to work for a parent company that treats it subsidiaries like that.

- Let me end with two examples as to why I feel this company is failing in its employees eyes, and eventually all together- 1. When one of my coworkers ask the President (of DistTech) where he saw this company in 5 years, he told him "I dont know". Are you serious? If you dont have a plan or are just uninformed then why in the world are you in the position you are in? And 2. Dennis A. Nash (the CEO of KAG) leaves Ohio as soon as the cold hits so he can move to Florida for the winter. Hey Dennis, this is Ohio, it's cold for about 8 months a year. How can you run a company correctly while you are on vacation for more than half the year.

Do the opposite of what I named off above. When the cons list is longer than the pros list, you know you have a problem.

There are newer employer reviews for Kenan Advantage Group

Worked for Kenan Advantage Group? Contribute to the Community!