Kendall & Davis
www.kendallanddavis.com Saint Louis, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great People; Outdated Practices and Micro-Managed to the Nth Degree

Consultant (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsThe recruiters at Kendall and Davis are smart, fun and hard-working. One can make a decent living if put in the right recruiting specialty such as Primary Care or Emergency Medicine. I learned a ton in a short period of time.

Cons1. Outdated recruiting practices and micro-managed. Undoubtedly, the phone is a recruiters number one tool. However, as newer generations enter the work force, recruiters must adapt to the chosen mode of generational communication, or get left in dust. Most 20 to 30 somethings prefer email or text messages. Kendall and Davis management requires not only an exreme quantity of phone calls, but also an extreme amount of time spent on the phone daily. These phone "quotas" make it almost impossible to perform daily organizational tasks and maintain proper follow through with candidates. Ultimately, the recruiter ends up calling the same people in the database over and over again.
Additionally, phone time is recorded and monitored daily. Management hold the reigns very tightly regarding phone time.
2. Favoritism. I have encountered favoritism in every position that I have ever held. However, the dynamic with Kendall and Davis is so off-kilter and blatant, that it makes it almost impossible to ignore. Management "hangs out" with a very select few during non-working hours and carries that over into the office. It is a constant barage of whispering and finger pointing. If you bring it to the attention of management or HR, then you are targeted as a trouble maker. It is literally the most unprofessional environment that I have ever endured. I have seen retalliation from management on MANY occasions.
3. Bad health benefits. Their benefit program is outrageously expensive and extremely narrow in its scope.
4. Paranoia. Management employs a lot of sneaky tactics to find out whether a recruiter might be talking disparigingly about rules, regulations or management itself.

not very proffesional

Physician Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kendall & Davis full-time for less than a year

Pros: not alot posative to say. Pay plan would be great… Cons: work till ten at night no real training program. Stale… Advice to Senior Management: pay more attention to employees take more time to train No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kendall & Davis.

Worked for Kendall & Davis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kendall & Davis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kendall & Davis CEO Susan Salka. All reviews posted anonymously by Kendall & Davis employees.