Kendall & Davis

There are newer employer reviews for Kendall & Davis

Great People; Outdated Practices and Micro-Managed to the Nth Degree

Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Kendall & Davis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The recruiters at Kendall and Davis are smart, fun and hard-working. One can make a decent living if put in the right recruiting specialty such as Primary Care or Emergency Medicine. I learned a ton in a short period of time.

Cons

1. Outdated recruiting practices and micro-managed. Undoubtedly, the phone is a recruiters number one tool. However, as newer generations enter the work force, recruiters must adapt to the chosen mode of generational communication, or get left in dust. Most 20 to 30 somethings prefer email or text messages. Kendall and Davis management requires not only an exreme quantity of phone calls, but also an extreme amount of time spent on the phone daily. These phone "quotas" make it almost impossible to perform daily organizational tasks and maintain proper follow through with candidates. Ultimately, the recruiter ends up calling the same people in the database over and over again.
Additionally, phone time is recorded and monitored daily. Management hold the reigns very tightly regarding phone time.
2. Favoritism. I have encountered favoritism in every position that I have ever held. However, the dynamic with Kendall and Davis is so off-kilter and blatant, that it makes it almost impossible to ignore. Management "hangs out" with a very select few during non-working hours and carries that over into the office. It is a constant barage of whispering and finger pointing. If you bring it to the attention of management or HR, then you are targeted as a trouble maker. It is literally the most unprofessional environment that I have ever endured. I have seen retalliation from management on MANY occasions.
3. Bad health benefits. Their benefit program is outrageously expensive and extremely narrow in its scope.
4. Paranoia. Management employs a lot of sneaky tactics to find out whether a recruiter might be talking disparigingly about rules, regulations or management itself.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Kendall & Davis (View Most Recent)

Dont listen to the other reviews, this is a great place to earn some serious cash!

Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Kendall & Davis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Earning potential, Easy going management, great training program, fantastic work culture.

Cons

The benefits could be better. Corporate could be better. Rules of engagement need work.

I have been working here for about 3 months now. Im almost through the training program and feel like I have been provided more than enough resources to succeed in the future. New management about 9 months ago is completely motivating without micromanaging. Management keeps you focused, provides resources, and will always help you as long as you are seen putting in the work. The culture is not clicky at all and everbody has been very welcoming and helpful. The commission structure gives you many different ways to earn money including shared commisions between consultants. This stregnthens the bonds between the people I work with even more as we all want to help eachother make money and in the process we end up helping ourselves make money. Once you build your pipeline you can easily earn over 100k annually here, most of the consultants who have been here more than a year earn well over 100k. It does take some time to build a solid clientele and canidate pipeline to provide a steady flow of placements. The harder you work, the more calls and/ or emails you send out, the more time you put into this job will reflect what kind of success you will have. Management does not interfere with the way you want to run your desk. I always feel like I can ask anybody for help, they have even given me canidates and jobs to work of their own. Management should continue on the path they are going. Management does need to clean up the rules of engagement and follow through with it. Health benefits plan could be better as its too expensive and bad coverage. Other perks like money for gym membership would be nice but there is discusion about this and other perks are coming from the sound of it. Corporate is ok and they do try to listen to our needs. This isnt perfect but seems to be getting better. Overall id be suprised if there is a better recruiting company to work for in St. Louis. I already have a nice pipline built and it will be easy to earn 80k my first year here. Anybody who says that they can earn more than that at most other sales jobs is lying to you. Realistically there just arent many sales jobs out there where you can earn this much this fast.

Kendall & Davis Response

Nov 17, 2014DVP, Kendall & Davis

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Kendall & Davis - I am glad to hear you were happy with the training program and resources you have been provided thus far. As it sounds like you have ... More

not very proffesional

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter
    Current Employee - Physician Recruiter

I have been working at Kendall & Davis full-time (less than an year)

Pros

not alot posative to say. Pay plan would be great except they fire people before they get any comissions they earn

Cons

work till ten at night no real training program. Stale work enviroment

pay more attention to employees take more time to train

There are newer employer reviews for Kendall & Davis