Kenexa
www.kenexa.com Wayne, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A unique and positive place to work

Waltham, MA

I have been working at Kenexa full-time

ProsKenexa expounds 10 principles by which they hope their employees will conduct their work, including making friends (at work), improving lives and having fun. And they pretty much actually run the company by them! And the CEO, Rudy, (as do most of his management team) actually takes the time to thoughtfully respond to emails and requests for conversations. I work at the Waltham MA offices. While the place works hard, there is genuine concern for families and a willingness to be flexible. Kudos to senior management.

ConsI guess the biggest con is that, for the work it asks people to do, Kenexa tends to underpay its work force and understaff its organizations. This coupled with the respect and flexibilty it extends to the employees has led to a workforce that is very competent, really nice people, puts in long hours (in the office or from home) but is not highly ambitous. So, the technology side of the house is no 1990s dot com. Good or bad?... you decide.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company grows, double down on maintaining the 10 principles. Share more stock with the employees. Bring the pay scale up to industry norms.

Great employee-oriented place to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flex time,friendly collaborative personal and s/w development environment Cons: Disparate, competing products, which could have you wonder where your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lacks the human element

Human Resources Director (Former Employee)
Wayne, PA

I worked at Kenexa full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are no pros at all. Cons: A computer decides whether an application makes the cut, not a human being. There is… Advice to Senior Management: Get your HR department to go through the resumes instead of a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kenexa.

Worked for Kenexa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kenexa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kenexa CEO Rudy Karsan Sr. All reviews posted anonymously by Kenexa employees.