There are newer employer reviews for Kenexa

Kenexa has offered me me growth personally.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Kenexa

Pros

Work Flexibility &Team work to get things done.

Cons

Communications between Management and team needs to improve
Clear expectations and training are needed

181 Other Employee Reviews for Kenexa (View Most Recent)

Appears promising at first glance...

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Wayne, PA

I worked at Kenexa

Pros

- Genuinely nice co-workers
    - Fairly flexible schedule as long as the work gets done
    - Ability to suggest better ways of doing things and having those ideas heard/considered
    - The Wayne office is situated in the middle of major highways, making the commute easier.

I really wish I had more to include here...

Cons

- Mediocre benefits (at best). Not what I expected from a company that preaches employee engagement/satisfaction.
    - The company claims that it drinks its own champagne, but many employees within the company have never even used or seen Kenexa 2x. Why not test/use the 2x onboarding application on newly hired employees? Instead, new employees receive little to no on-boarding and are just tossed into the mix on day one. Not good practice by a company that preaches employee engagement.
    - Business units operate in silos. Kenexa continues to acquire companies but they're not very good at integrating those employees and business units into the fold. Instead, even more silos are created which just complicates the flow of information.
    - Very few (if any) employee perks, besides the obvious which is being employed in a down economy. However, this is no excuse considering Kenexa preaches employee engagement and satisfaction.
    - Lack of organizational process/structure (to be fair - where isn't this the case?)
    - Many "Legacy" employees who are stuck in Kenexa's old ways and are not often open to change. Some lack the basic ability of using a word processor, yet they hold roles that require them to produce huge specifications that many other people rely on to do their jobs.
    - IT/help desk department lacks competence when dealing with hardware/technology issues
    - GTM upper management is poor at cascading its vision down to the soldiers that are doing the work.

It's tough to imagine that a CEO would publish a book on keeping employees engaged at a time when employee satisfaction within his own company is at a low. My advice would be to start with on-boarding new employees and move forward from there. Why does the new-hire process within Kenexa require loads of antiquated paperwork when the company sells software that is supposed to handle these tasks? If Kenexa drinks its own champagne, then pass me the water.

Mixed experiences

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Kenexa

Pros

What they strive for as evidence of the field they serve is amazing. The level of talent in some of the divisions is extraordinary. The environment of innovation and creativity is communicated as possible...

Cons

Bottom line is always first and foremost in the minds of the executive team and they sacrafice all to meet a financial objective. This was not always the case and therefore there is constant conflict with their mission statement and values.

Remember your mission and values always and know that when they are held first the financial rewards will follow.

There are newer employer reviews for Kenexa

Worked for Kenexa? Contribute to the Community!