Great Opportunities at a Cost

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Lincoln, NE
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Kenexa

Pros

Great people.
Work Schedule can be flexible and you have the ability to work from home. (You may have to juggle 60 hours of work per week though)

Cons

Recognition is heavily lacking.

Work/Life Balance is non-existent.

If you are good at your job you are punished with more work and responsibility while others that are not as good skate, but will eventually get laid off.

For an HR company they are very poor at HR practices. Whenever Senior Management would address us I left the meeting disgusted and hating my job even more.

Software engineers and developers are not given adequate specs to program software. A lot of time is wasted on rework.

I have witnessed a lot of good old boy hiring practices. Where someone gets hired to management and then they bring a friend or two along.

It was so difficult to take vacation because there was so much work and not enough people to cover it.

Care about your employees. Realize that there are people working their asses off and really care about Kenexa. Eventually people burn out and figure out they can find another job that isn't so stressful and pays the same or better. With a lot less hours.

Other Reviews for Kenexa

Growing public company

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kenexa

Pros

wonderful local team
    job stability
    work-life balance

Cons

inconsistent merit and performance compensation
    Top performers get a "lottery ticket" and a chance to win a prize as their recognition

Have more people out in the field determining the market needs and usability needs with the client s not yet signed on. Develop user friendly applications based upon solid research. Spend money on UXD to save it on frustrating UIs

Give spot bonuses or gift cards to those who went the extra mile and aren't thanked for it, especially the engineers who put in long hours to correct the problems that were created by the sales cycle.

Kenexa has offered me me growth personally.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Kenexa

Pros

Work Flexibility &Team work to get things done.

Cons

Communications between Management and team needs to improve
    Clear expectations and training are needed

There are newer employer reviews for Kenexa.

Worked for Kenexa? Contribute to the Community!