There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal

Great place to learn the ropes of business.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern  in  Latrobe, PA
Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Latrobe, PA

I worked at Kennametal

Pros

It's a very innovative company. It prides itself on hiring the best employees within their fields. I strives to be the best in its industry. Good people to work with, who always try to help in any way. They were also very personable.

Cons

The company is a little old school with their hierarchy structure. A lot of their processes in various departments are slow and bureaucratic. The location is also not too great if you want to be in a metropolitan area. The hiring process was a debacle. It was a bad first impression of how they conduct business. I also had very little direction. It didn't seem like my superiors thought about what to do with me before I got there.

Move things along quicker. Stop having lengthy, time-wasting meetings about every little thing.

72 Other Employee Reviews for Kennametal (View Most Recent)

Very helpful and educational

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Latrobe, PA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Latrobe, PA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

The staff are great people to work with. They are very understanding of everything and only want the best for you. If you are a motivated individual the sky is the limit for you.

Cons

Work days can be long

Exciting place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn

Current Employee - Associate Engineer  in  Latrobe, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Latrobe, PA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

Good workplace, good management, excellent colleagues and quick improvement and nice hike in salary and vacation. Nice cafeteria and nice people

Cons

Less starting salary when compared to other similar places, Colleagues are of the 35-60 age category with a majority on the 45-60 range. Experienced people but take a long time to pass things.

There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal

Worked for Kennametal? Contribute to the Community!