Kennametal
www.kennametal.com Latrobe, PA 5000+ Employees

Fair but lacking job satisfaction

Bangalore (India)

ProsA performance driven company, pays on part with industry standard, ethical- driven from top management, high regards to safety.

ConsTechnologically saturated, limited challenges. Multiple hierarchy, less emphasis on new process developments and improvements. (filled with old heads and 'not my job' type)

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose your mangers wisely. Good managers are not the one who talk well or make good ppt's. They shoyl be the one who motivate their team to achieve companies goals. Though numbers are the targets set by top management, an efficient conversion of numbers to technical targets at lower level necessary, like quality, process improvement & development, technology development etc. Coz at that level they don't give a dam about it. ACE stage is good as a process, but lacks motivational drivers.

Dont ever join the Datacenter or GSC teams

Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros: Its good for people who are into manufacturing and mechanical… Cons: Low pay, stunted growth,poor management team especially the IT wing… Advice to Senior Management: Please be respectful and frank with employees and dont try to be cheap just to cut costs. Cost cutting and cheapness are two… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Been good so far

Estimator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros: The benefits package is quite good in terms of RRSP matching.… Cons: Some of the safety protocols seem a little over done. Based on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Kennametal.

Worked for Kennametal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kennametal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kennametal CEO Carlos M. Cardoso. All reviews posted anonymously by Kennametal employees.