Kennametal

Kennametal/ISA New Castle

Hourly (Current Employee)
New Castle, PA

I have been working at Kennametal full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThey are very safety oriented. The employees on the floor are hard working, honest, and are closer to you then family at times. Benefits are covered by employer.

ConsThere are a lot of management changes. Safety policy changes are daily. There is no bond between upper management and floor employees. They took away our Christmas bonuses that we counted on as part of our salary. They lead temporary employees on. They bought ISA without knowing the ins and outs of the company they were buying. There is no HR.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead, follow, or get out of the way.

Very exciting.

Lead (Former Employee)
Bentonville, AR

I worked at Kennametal full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 401 K, Vacation, Climate controlled,good pay,medical,dental. Safety oriented. Excellent Lean manufacturing… Cons: Unfair in promotions of female employees. Promoted male employee with less qualifications and less… Advice to Senior Management: Don't set in your office. Get out on the floor… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not the employer of choice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Kennametal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Pays some of the bills. Cons: Minimal pay increase once a year and that only covers the increase in insurance costs. Nothing extra for your pocket. NOT family friendly… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the "little" people. Reward those that work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Kennametal.

Worked for Kennametal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kennametal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kennametal CEO Carlos M. Cardoso. All reviews posted anonymously by Kennametal employees.