There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal

Mr and Miss-managment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenfield, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, MA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

The pay is adiquate and the benifits are up there, all due to a union the fights hard for these benifits not because the company wants to pay for them.

Cons

Working for a plant manager who is more interested in corprate image and not real operation of the one plant. His corprate image style forces policies on us that don't fit our manufacturing. he is trying to force a square in our round hole.

Also dealing with the "INHUMANE RESOURCES" Taryn Blair the most inpersonal and unprofessional and incompetent person for the job. most new employees since she has started have most if not all of there benifits screwed up in one way or another all by her. As she comes to work dressed in GOTH garb, Grow up Taryn you are suppose to be a professional.

Advice for Carlos. You have put in place a plant manager who has failed at every other job he has had and is failing here, ie; every week pumping nubers up to look like we are still doing good even though we are going backwards,sells off 8000 gallons of oil to make his budget buring a time when oil is going out of control, we haven't had a labor Arbotration in about 10 years and now since Rick and Taryn we have 3 current with probably more to come, He has 2 NLRB cases against him again probably with more to come, he has OSHA called on him do I need to say it? these two Taryn and Rick are not just counter productive to the people on the floor(union member) but more importatly they are counter productive to the whole company. even thou it is well known you may have put these two in place to break the union we beleive this will be couter productive for this company as a whole.

So my advice is Fire Rick and Taryn and lets move toward a more productive company

71 Other Employee Reviews for Kennametal (View Most Recent)

The Plant Manager From Hell

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greenfield, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, MA

I have been working at Kennametal

Pros

Getting a pay check every 2 weeks, good health insurance, thanks to our union,good benefits, thanks to our union

Cons

Very little communication from Latrobe to us, poor communication from the plant manager - does not want to settle grievances, so everything is going to arbitration.2 years ago you enjoyed working there,now it's just the opposite. The plant manager is very controlling and it's either his way or the highway. He signed a contract with the union and does not honor it. He instituted Lean, which is not working the way it's supposed to be.

Start getting involved with the people and find out how it's really being run, and not just a flyby, really get involved with everyone

Kennametal; i.e.; Employee satisfaction

Current Employee - Applications Engineer  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I have been working at Kennametal full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very Employee Friendly company. Great colleagues to work with. Compensation is pretty generous.Great spirit within the teams. Strong on ethics. Training is adequate and good to perform well.

Cons

Sometimes lacks motivation. Customer orientation needs a freshening up.

There are newer employer reviews for Kennametal

Worked for Kennametal? Contribute to the Community!